Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bob_G

microwave clams

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

A few weeks back, I was at a fish market, out back, talking with the owner. He made himself lunch. A reached in the tank, grabbed a couple dozen softshell clams, placed them in a paper french fry container, and placed them for about 4 minutes in the microwave. They looked pretty good.

Tonight I had some fresh steamers I dug yesterday. Took a handful, placed them in a small tupperware container, 3 min 30 seconds in the microwave. They were perfect.

we have some sort of contraption for microwaving lobsters. They actually come out pretty similarly as a steamed lobster. Sometimes the shell gets a funky smell from getting a bit nuked. Don't see why clams would be any different. And you should use glass/paper, not tupperware! That stuff can break down and release chemicals into your food (supposedly).

...been doin that with quahogs since 1978....I was at WPI and had a microwave in the lab, but no shuckin knife...so I would "worry" my quahogs with a short blast of nukification and then give em the coup degrace with a slotted screwdriver....nuked the potatoes and onions- an d made chowder during my work-study stint....

I don't want to tell you what we put in that microwave .....