Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
joev

Da Weekend

20 posts in this topic

Well its almost here.

Can you believe its almost Xmas and we are still talking about yak fishing.

So Whatzz Up for the weekend?

Anyone going out?

I am going to meet Jons At the Glenn on Sunday for a test paddle and some fishing.

Everybody is welcome to come along.

joev

TOOO COLD!!! I think it may be to windy & chilly for me to go out, forecast looks tough frown.gif

Did manage 3 Bass yesterday afternoon in front of the Deal jetty in the ocean. I think that may have been one of the last days of the season for Yakin in the surf as the weather definately seems to be going more winter like pattern. Still hearing some positive reports off the Sandy hook area though, herring & bass!

[This message has been edited by Marksharky (edited 12-20-2001).]

Joev, what a couple of pansies wink.gif . DAS I can understand, he'll be away but Marky you've gone out when I wouldn't. I wouldn't do the surf now either unless it was very calm. If the wind calms down it should be fun Sunday. They're calling for the Jet Stream to shift towards a winter pattern after Xmas so there might not be many kayak opportunities left. I was going to go surf fishing today but spoke with a buddy down near the Hook. He said I should stay put as the wind's screaming. Yesterday a mile off the Hook on a partyboat, he said they killed the fish and the weather was fine. They were catching nice bass and some blues too. Only 10 people on the boat.

[This message has been edited by JonS (edited 12-20-2001).]

If I could have gotten out today it would have been the best Bass fishing all season. Big fish taken from the surf with massive birds 150 to 200 yards out , but the wind was just too strong, dangerously strong! Looked like most fish were 32+ " just out of casting range but a few guys did manage some nice ones. Of course my gear was in Jackson NJ while I was shopping for a spa session for the wife down by the beach frown.gif major bummer.

Joev - Joey is coming along. Today I'm going to hit NJ, without a yak. The winds supposed to lay down tomorrow afternoon, so Joey and I are going to take the surf gear and yaks and get a late start on Saturday and do Jersey. The fish are there. All reports are good. We'll have the big rods to cast far and if the yaking is doable later in the day we'll be ready.

Sunday, should be great. Joev, if its happening in NJ do you want to hit there? It will be your call. Also did you speak with Joey about the Tarpon/Tourer? He's used both.

Joev,

Making second trip to Drs this week, have to try to resurrect this sesspool of a body before I can get out. OTW report mentions 3 hotspots still strong, the Thames, the Thames and the Thames. Good luck at Glen, make sure you give them all a workout before adding to the fleet. I'm might try to hit Devon plant with a friend and a canoe on 26th presuming weather and body give some cooperation.

Jim