Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Twohand

yamaha 200hpdi fuel filter replacement

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

Trying to remove the plastic cups on my primary engine fuel filters ,wont budge. Bought a special tool from SIM Yamaha last year and got them off, no luck so far this year. Anybody have any tips to remove? If I manage to get them off should the threads be coated with grease or something for future removal?

Greg

unscrewing the clear plastic bowl. engine mounted filter housing. Emptied all fuel & left them in the sun for several hours to dry out. Did some research and found out that as the E10 dries out the will shrink back to "normal size'. It was still difficult but I managed to get them apart.

Had the same problem on my Yamaha 115 a few years ago. Thing would not budge. Ended up buying a replacement filter, cup, & assembly and cutting out the old one. Good luck!

Took them off the engine ,drained, left in sun to dry out (about an hour depending on temp).Plastic will begin to shrink. Put assembly in freezer for about 1/2 hour and with some effort got them apart. It helps if  you have a vise to hold assembly.Yamaha supposedly has replacement cups that eliminate this problem but they are about $90. 

Hope this helps

Greg

Thanks for posting this. Mine won't budge either and I'm wondering if I'm even doing it right. So it is screw on, yes? Looked like there's no other way of mounting but screwed on (the bowl that is).

I was going to try to use some compressed air (which tends to come out cold because of the use of refrigerant as a propellant) and see if I can get the bowl to shrink a bit before taking it off. I just got the tool in the mail yesterday, next up is to try that.