Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
acrylic painter

HELP!!! Need Help From Any Cat Lovers

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

My wife and I were cleaning out our garage and came across a nest with three tiny kittens in it. They are alive and have fur on them and are barely moving although they don't look like they are malnourished. We've been seeing a grey cat going in and out of the garage lately so obviously that's mom. Should we just leave them be in hopes that the mother will take care of them, take them to a shelter or maybe a veterinarian? Are they in danger from any sort of predators? I've never owned a cat and know nothing about them. We can't keep them as my wife is highly allergic to them. Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance...

Call the shelter and ask them what to do. I know we had to wait a while to adopt our cats after they were born. They need to nurse for a while. Maybe 6 weeks. I'm not sure.

My wife and I were cleaning out our garage and came across a nest with three tiny kittens in it. They are alive and have fur on them and are barely moving although they don't look like they are malnourished. We've been seeing a grey cat going in and out of the garage lately so obviously that's mom. Should we just leave them be in hopes that the mother will take care of them, take them to a shelter or maybe a veterinarian? Are they in danger from any sort of predators? I've never owned a cat and know nothing about them. We can't keep them as my wife is highly allergic to them. Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance...

The mother cat is taking care of them now, just not in front of you.

Can you catch the mother? If so gather all of them and take them to a shelter.

Don't become attached to them, you might not like how it can end for stray cats.

You will piss off a vet if you went there with this problem. (unless you claim ownership of all the cats)

Call the shelter and ask them what to do. I know we had to wait a while to adopt our cats after they were born. They need to nurse for a while. Maybe 6 weeks. I'm not sure.
:th:

Mostlikely the mother is ferel. Gather them up or call animal control . Get rid of them before you have a colony. My wife started feeding a couple ferel cats one time and we wound up with over 20 to deal with. It's not fun.

Thanks everyone. My wife told our daughter about it and it turns out the daughter's friend runs a feral cat rescue service so it looks like it's problem solved.Thanks again for all the good advice...

Mostlikely the mother is ferel. Gather them up or call animal control . Get rid of them before you have a colony. My wife started feeding a couple ferel cats one time and we wound up with over 20 to deal with. It's not fun.

My former next door neighbor used to feed the feral cats. They still hang around and**** in my yard. :mad:

These are ferel cats, you take a bucket, fill the bucket with water, and....you can figure the rest out. I have 3 cats, I'm not a cat hater. Ferel cats are not inoculated so they may carry desease, and will have fleas and ticks.