Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
meant4u

Striper fishing heat of summer.

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

I know it's early to be talking about 100 degree days but I'm trying to build a whole season. Was curious to know how good the bite is in really warm water temperatures. Like we had last year fish stay around or go deep. I only fish shore lines. What are my best bets and baits to use during the summer months

How do the smaller river basins do in the summertime. Would eels be particularly deadly at night in the summer. Still fish the flats or search for a little deeper water?

I have mapped out about a dozen locations and you tuned more. Just all I see are really shallow and don't think would hold fish once it really warms up.how deep should I be looking? Do they return to the rivers in the fall before making the run?

if you are fishing places like walliston beach at night rember that poges may be there  dark poppers dark swimmers like black green blue  i like  2oz poppers and big swimmers fish it slow you should do good   capt. bill

I am originally from New Jersey and it seems that the fish leave there when the water gets warm I was wondering if it was the same up here because last year we seem to have gotten really warm water temperatures how come they would leave New Jerse and not continue to go up to Maine where the water stays around 55 or in the 60's

I am originally from New Jersey and it seems that the fish leave there when the water gets warm I was wondering if it was the same up here because last year we seem to have gotten really warm water temperatures how come they would leave New Jerse and not continue to go up to Maine where the water stays around 55 or in the 60's

Not every fish leaves and not every fish goes all the way to Maine.

Get out there and fish and figure out patterns. No rules are hard and fast and the best way to figures out what applies in what areas is to get out and fish.

Not every fish leaves and not every fish goes all the way to Maine.

Get out there and fish and figure out patterns. No rules are hard and fast and the best way to figures out what applies in what areas is to get out and fish.

You said it. Just try everything, and keep a fishing log so you can find them next time.

Sorry my talk to text was acting up what I was saying was I had virtually no success all year chunking but I noticed people were really killing them on lures and plugs