Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MaxKatt

TA or Fast Clip on bait rig?

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

Does anyone use a fast clip on the end of their braid to clip pre-tied leaders to when bait fishing?

I'm curious, because I pre-tie my leaders, and it's a little cumbersome to drop the full hook and memory coiled fluro through that last loop on the palomar. I also like to change up hook sizes when switching between worms and chunk, hi-lo, hook with float, etc.

It occurred to me tonight that if I used a fast clip on the end of the braid, I could swap out those pre-tied leaders as well. Even if I wanted to put on a fish finder, I'd much rather have to cut and re-tie...and just have to drop that little clip through the final palomar loop.

I'm going to try it. My only concern is now much the line might get tangled up around the clip. Curious if anyone's tried it, however.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaxKatt View Post

Does anyone use a fast clip on the end of their braid to clip pre-tied leaders to when bait fishing?

I'm curious, because I pre-tie my leaders, and it's a little cumbersome to drop the full hook and memory coiled fluro through that last loop on the palomar. I also like to change up hook sizes when switching between worms and chunk, hi-lo, hook with float, etc.

It occurred to me tonight that if I used a fast clip on the end of the braid, I could swap out those pre-tied leaders as well. Even if I wanted to put on a fish finder, I'd much rather have to cut and re-tie...and just have to drop that little clip through the final palomar loop.

I'm going to try it. My only concern is now much the line might get tangled up around the clip. Curious if anyone's tried it, however.

headscratch.gif no offense bud, but.... huh?       why?

Gotcha, I see where you're going with it, but, if your leaders are tied, why have more tackle out in the wash than you need?  It's just one knot... consider it more practice and less money...smile.gif   

I use them.

My rigs are all pretied, and stored in rig wallets. There is a swivel on the end of each one. The shock leaders have a clip, and it is very easy to switch rigs.

BreakawayUSA sells a fine clip. Looks like a paperclip. Easy to use and durable. I also use these for attaching lures.

Talking strictly bait fishing ,I do exactly same as Fishingmortician ,in addition I use the double patting method , that is while my baited rigs is in the water fishing I am preparing another rig to be baited. When you reel in you unclip the first rig which hopefully has a fish and not a bare hook , clip on the second rig and cast .