Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lub2pish

another custom rod question

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

JUST MY 2 CENTS CUSTOM ROD....BUTT LENGTH IS MEASURED BASED ON YOUR PHYSICAL ATTRIBUTES AND WHAT FEELS COMFORTABLE TO YOU

+1

33" on a 10'6 is pretty darn long, if you feel that is where it's most comfortable and efficient for you than by all means but butt length should never be chosen by what looks right or what you read somewhere. I like around 24" on a 10'6 stick and achieve more distance than when i had used a custom with a 28 to 30' butt length.

There is a point of diminishing returns regarding butt lengths , you shouldn't spread your hands anymore than what feels natural for you . Depending on weight thrown and rod length you will actually achieve better distance the closer you space your hands as long as it still feels natural to you.

mines at 25'' but im also 5'6'', so it varies. Thats what i like. tape a reel to the blank and move it around till you feel its where your gonna be the most comfortable

C

is a 30" - 33" butt length to long for a 10'6? i know everyone is different. whats the length on your custom 10'6?
Custom means custom! When your having a rod built to your specks you can have the reel seat placed wherever you want. Builders will ask you several questions & take measurements. We're all built differently & have different wants & needs.