Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
R.R. Bridge Fisher

NEW BUMPER FOR TRUCK

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

I have a 2007 nissan pickup and the rear bumper is beat up pretty good. I want to replace or repair it but was unsure of the best method. Should I Buy a new one which is very costly may have to paint and get plastic for top. Macco I think their called is offering bumper repair for $300. Are they hacks or ok? Anybody use them? Should I go to body shop? Junkyard looking for a match? Are there junkyards still around?

I am not sure the best thing to do,I washed my truck today and It still looks ok but bumper is junk.

Thanks for any suggestions.

RR

I saw a truck the other day with a rear bumper made from a pressure treated 2x6 or 2x8. Looked pretty good and a lot cheaper than $300

JC Whitney and other aftermarket sellers seem to carry replacement bumpers for around $150.00 for a full sized pickup (I searched for a Ford F-150). Buy one and bolt it on?

Quote:

Originally Posted by R.R. Bridge Fisher View Post

I have a 2007 nissan pickup and the rear bumper is beat up pretty good. I want to replace or repair it but was unsure of the best method. Should I Buy a new one which is very costly may have to paint and get plastic for top. Macco I think their called is offering bumper repair for $300. Are they hacks or ok? Anybody use them? Should I go to body shop? Junkyard looking for a match? Are there junkyards still around?

I am not sure the best thing to do,I washed my truck today and It still looks ok but bumper is junk.

Thanks for any suggestions.

RR

does anyone still use treated 4x4s? dont know if the dmv allows them anymore...oops didnt see Beachbums post

Quote:

Originally Posted by richie c View Post

does anyone still use treated 4x4s? dont know if the dmv allows them anymore...oops didnt see Beachbums post

Heres one for you richie<br />

I replaced both bumpers on my 1997 T-100. Tge front is a replacement aftermarket from one of the big online places. The rear is a junk yard F-150 bumper. Both look good on the truck. It was more work to make the rear fit and more money for the front.

Sam

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Adams View Post

Heres one for you richie1000

I love it Mr Adams, The roof has that rakish look, lots of down draft. Good old American ingenuity. If he would have stained it and shot it with laquer he would have a modern day "Woodie", just missing a surfboard.....California dreamingLOL

I paint cars for a living. Best bet is stop by a local small (mom & pop) body shop and get a estimate before you go buying anything. This time of year is slow for body shops and you should get a good deal.