Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BrianBM

MS Office 2013

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

I see there are lots of laptops being sold by OEMs (I'm looking mainly at Dell, HP, Lenovo) that can be had with Windows 7. But as a new install, even the Win7 laptops are being offered with Office 2013, which immediately leads me to wonder about file compatibility.

Can files created in Office 2013 (Word is the application of greatest concern) be moved easily into a system running Win7 and Office 2010, and versa vice?

I see there are lots of laptops being sold by OEMs (I'm looking mainly at Dell, HP, Lenovo) that can be had with Windows 7. But as a new install, even the Win7 laptops are being offered with Office 2013, which immediately leads me to wonder about file compatibility.

Can files created in Office 2013 (Word is the application of greatest concern) be moved easily into a system running Win7 and Office 2010, and versa vice?

They would be pretty worthless if they didn't.

.docx since Office 2007

..if you still had 2003 you'd need the compatibility pak.

2007 and 2003 didn't talk at first, that went over like a Led Zeppelin, people were BS, rightfully so. So it's not like it's never happened.

All ms software such as office is backwards compatible, now hardware or memory to support software 5,7,10, years in the future can be a different story, of course you could always cut and paste one doc to a fresh new one.

Thank you.

In looking at "business" class laptops (that name seems to have disappeared from use; now it's all "notebooks") I see they all have numeric keypads. I don't do numbers, at least not enough to matter. (Lawyers, generally speaking, can't count.) I like the Lenovo keyboards from the ThinkPads not just for feel, which on my old one is great, but because there's plenty of space between the keys. Makes typing a breeze. They're the only ones I see without a numeric keypad, though, which is real estate that's wasted for me. Pity.