Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LIdockMan

Penn guys any chance of ??

10 posts in this topic

So any chance of any other Z series reels comeing back would love to have a 710z/712z for wade fishing and fishing off the kayak so I dont have to spend 700$ on a vs100 thank you.

I doubt it. If you go to ebay and look at what the 704/6's are going for compared to the 710/12's its not close. They probably took a look at the used 706's going for $300 and it was a no brainer to bring them back. You can pick up a 710z that's in very good condition for under $50. You never know though. If the 704/6 is a hit maybe they will.

I doubt it. If you go to ebay and look at what the 704/6's are going for compared to the 710/12's its not close. They probably took a look at the used 706's going for $300 and it was a no brainer to bring them back. You can pick up a 710z that's in very good condition for under $50. You never know though. If the 704/6 is a hit maybe they will.
Ya I hope

Ya would be nice as far as the ebay prices you cant really judge it buy a few nut jobs trying to milk them for every penny they can get and people selling some used reels I think if they re made them and sell them for some where around 100-125$ they would do good but I dont no if that would be directley competeing with the battles and if it would matter but it would be nice would love to see some 716z ultralights also.

It would be nice if when they order the emblems and decals for the 704/6 they have some 710-12-14-16's printed up. Being as Penn is the only one that can legally do it.

So any chance of any other Z series reels comeing back would love to have a 710z/712z for wade fishing and fishing off the kayak so I dont have to spend 700$ on a vs100 thank you.

LIdockman,

Very unlikely the smaller models will come back, but then again we said that before about the 706/704z and now look.

tony

LIdockman,

Very unlikely the smaller models will come back, but then again we said that before about the 706/704z and now look.

tony

Btw, thanks for doing this - while I did spend 'big bucks' for performance reels in smaller sizes, I think I'll wait it out until these come out before buying another larger 'surf' sized reel...1) because I trusted those reels the first time around and 2) since true surf fishing with larger gear is only something I occasionally do (compared to my light tackle fixes), I don't want to splurge the same kind of dough on a larger reel that's not going to be used as often (I already have an old USA made Penn 650SS and green 704 with silver side plate that gets me by as it is - I just would like to update with something a little more modern and what better way to do that)

LIdockman,

tony

Thanks for the responce Tony cant wait to get my hands on the new 706/704z love the ones I have maby they will be such a hit that more of the z series will come back.

LIdockman,

tony

Tony thanks for broinging back the 706 as it was, unchanged.

That is the right thing to do.

Now if you want to sell a bazillion trillion reels, sell a 710 sized reel but with a "miniature" 706 rotor......

Tony thanks for broinging back the 706 as it was, unchanged.

That is the right thing to do.

Now if you want to sell a bazillion trillion reels, sell a 710 sized reel but with a "miniature" 706 rotor......

Hotcakes would be an understatement same style bailless as 706z only smaller rotor on a 710 body . :)

Hotcakes would be an understatement same style bailless as 706z only smaller rotor on a 710 body . :)

It would sell brazillions in weeks, guaranteed there would be shortages.