Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BrianBM

Clinton v. Cuomo

Rate this topic

40 posts in this topic

One of them is probably going to be the next Democratic candidate.

Of the two, which one would you prefer to see - if elected - as President?

Wow, talk about a "Delphi Method" of questioning. Why give us just 2 sh tty choices? Why don't cha throw in Wrangle & Weiner for a more diverse choice?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delphi_method

Do you guys really think that Cuomo would be electable after the shenanagins  he pulled to get the "Safe Act" passed?

He might be able to sell himself to New Yorkers, but I just can't see the rest of the country going for him.

I could be wrong, but I think he blew any chance he might have had.

Not a chance.  Cuomo is no better than Mao Tse Tung on liberty after that stunt.

Clinton is surrounded by dead bodies.  She has to this day not answered for Vince Foster, and now she has four more dead bodies stacked at her feet from the Bengazi gun running scandal.  And her health is either a) suspect, or b) she has been using false poor health lies to hide from Bengazigate

I read Cuomo's gun legislation as a declaration of Presidential intent, directed specifically to liberals. He HAD been getting a reputation in NYS as relatively conservative (understand this to mean as a NYS Democrat). A property tax cap and a fairly aggressive stance on teacher evaluations had left liberals, or at least those who mistook him for his father (bad mistake) as believing him to be a Republican in Democratic clothing. Gun control, now, that moves him back towards the left. As Attorney General, a couple of long-time members of the AG's office considered him the most political AG they'd seen. I wouldn't doubt for an instant that he wants it.

Clinton's dead bodies ... sure. The casualties in Benghazi are going to do as much to keep her away from the White House as the 165,241 murders she and Bill were accused by the crackpot right to have committed in Arkansas. Vince Foster? If Ken Starr concluded that it was a straightforward suicide at the time, the chance of something new on this is zip. "Dead bodies," dream on. She's the leading (non)candidate now, and of the two, I'd rather her than him. Like Bill, she can take a punch, and there are an awful lot of women who admire her in a personal sense. And she's failed often enough to have a better sense of what works and what doesn't work then I credit Cuomo with having.

I don't see other candidates out there at the moment, on my side of the fence. Admittedly that means very, very little, at this date. My own $0.02 on the coming midterm elections is that the GOP will be a slight majority in the Senate and lose a good deal in the House, and that will reshuffle the candidacy deck. Clinton/Villaragosa? Clinton/Booker?

Republican candidates. Who knows? I'm sure Donald Trump would be happy to take center stage again. :D Congressman Ryan is alive and well, and hardly discredited. Senator Rubio? Senator Cruz? A Cruz/Ryan ticket would delight a lot of the faithful, no? Paul/Cruz, Paul/Ryan?

No way Cuomo wins over Clinton. She's a known entity with solid poll numbers even with all of her baggage. The SAFE act alone guarantees Clinton's a no-go, let alone his 2013 State of the State address. Before 2013 he had a chance.

Until the cover up Benghazi was more of a mistake/bad judgement/poor job performance, whereas the way SAFE act was implemented, never mind what it contains, was just a purposeful in your face assault on legal procedures, citizens rights and self government by an omnipetent loon, who's loyalty factor was shown when he tried to throw his co-conspirators under the bus.Of the two Clinton is probably less dangerous, although an Immaculate Consussion won't cut it in a showdown with China or whoever. The real scary part is that either could be considered, let alone win.

Id like to see a "republican" liberal come out of the closet and run as a democrat.  Maybe Mcain would be more comfy on that side.  mitch Mcconnel would be a nice fit.

Id like to see a "republican" liberal come out of the closet and run as a democrat.  Maybe Mcain would be more comfy on that side.  mitch Mcconnel would be a nice fit.

I thought we had one as our presidential candidate this past year. ;)

Hard to say that Romney was a liberal. It's not just choosing Ryan, it's the comments and complaints he made after losing.

Clinton was a guaranteed winner in the primaries last time around, too ... no way Obama could take it away from her. Remember? I'd call her the leading candidate right now, but nobody is unbeatable, especially at this distance.

Clinton easily over Cuomo. She's hugely popular, probably the most popular politician today, widely admired by Democrats and Republicans alike. It also helps that she was one of the best, if not the best, secretary of states in US history. She's been through the fire and came out on top. She knows what works and doesn't work - like Brian said, she's had her fair share of mistakes and is smart and shrewd enough politically to turn failure into success.

If today she decide to throw her hat in the ring, becoming President is almost a guarantee. And I really do hope she does.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianBM View Post

Hard to say that Romney was a liberal.

Romney IS a liberal.  That was the easiest thing I have done so far today.  No the easiest was grab a second biscuit.  Pointint out Mitt Romneys liberalism was the second easie.....telling the kids to get in the yard and pick up brush.........saying Mitt Romney is liberal   was one of several very easy things I have done today.

Clinton easily over Cuomo. She's hugely popular, probably the most popular politician today, widely admired by Democrats and Republicans alike. It also helps that she was one of the best, if not the best, secretary of states in US history. She's been through the fire and came out on top. She knows what works and doesn't work - like Brian said, she's had her fair share of mistakes and is smart and shrewd enough politically to turn failure into success.

If today she decide to throw her hat in the ring, becoming President is almost a guarantee. And I really do hope she does.

I go with you with widely admired by Democrats...Republicans, not so much.

She might be a more Popular to Republicans when compared to Obama, but that's it.

martin O'Malley, Governor from Maryland has Presidential aspirations...He rammed through gun laws that rival NY, or Conn.

He could be a spoiler.

But, of the choices, Hilary has more Q rating than Cuomo, or any other Democrat on the list .