Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fishthenparty

L.I South Shore

Rate this topic

20 posts in this topic

So i've read a few posts about fish starting to show up in the western sound, and by the hudson, but what about the L.I South Shore?

When can I wet a line and have a chance to catch me a bass. I wanna give it a shot in about 2 weeks or so.  Is that way to early?  I dont mind not catching fish, but I'd like to know that there is at least a chance that I catch a fish.  BTW Im thinking central south shore.  

Any and all opinions are appreciated 

There's no need for them. Spot-specific reports are against the rules no matter how you post them.

Now, if someone said western south shore or eastern south shore, then there's no problem.

This subject has been beaten to death here. The fish are slowly moving in, so lets get out and find them. :D

There's no need for them. Spot-specific reports are against the rules no matter how you post them.

Now, if someone said western south shore or eastern south shore, then there's no problem.

This subject has been beaten to death here. The fish are slowly moving in, so lets get out and find them. :D

:) I'm sorry forum leader! I'm still new here.

Yeah! Lets at least be able to say that. Western ss/ns central, east, I get the whole spot burning but some people become monsters over it ... :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by msonn164 View Post

I havent made it to sore thumb yet...hows the beach looking?

Was there today. Saw at least six people stuck just before the club house pole. It pretty much looks the same. At high tide you have to drive thru the dunes at certain points. The sign that ends at area 1 is gone so I took a drive down to Gilgo. Gilgo is the widest I have ever seen it. I can't see them not opening it up after the repairs to the east bound lane of ocean parkway.

Across the inlet there is a new sand bar island right off Demo. I guess that will be great for boaters.

Fished for a couple of hours, came up empty. I think the water is around 45.