Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jimmy1956

Making 1st start since 2011, Lackey hurt again

Rate this topic

22 posts in this topic

Bicep. I hate him. I have no idea why he is still here.

Probably because they signed him for too much originally and ever since they've been praying he'll rebound from injury/poor pitching and give them one good year so the front office can say they werent idiots in the first place.

What did they give him? I want to say 68M?

Didn't Lackey say he hated pitching at Fenway too? I was stunned when they signed that oaf.

But yesterday, he almost looked (GULP!!!) good for the short while he was in, even though he did give up a two run dinger

Yeah he did as I recall Mokes.........I'm guessing he shared that with the Boston media after he signed the contract though.

added-His contract is roughly what I was thinking.........I was thinking 4 year deal when it was 5 years....82.5 million.

I wish his arm had just fallen off completely. Guy is a turd and a mediocre pitcher. He could come back from this injury and win 20 games this season and I would still hate him.

I think I would hope for 9 wins and anything above would be cause for celebration.  The positive in it all is he will be done at seasons end and that $$$ is freed up. 

I think I would hope for 9 wins and anything above would be cause for celebration.  The positive in it all is he will be done at seasons end and that $$$ is freed up. 

I thought he was signed through the end of next season................? This year would be a positive.