Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bbfish

USPS package of BMs missing from my doorstep.

Rate this topic

52 posts in this topic

Not sure what to do here. I ordered a bunch of BMs from a shop on Long Island march 28th and today decided to call them since they have yet to be delivered. Turns out they had tracking info and the USPS said they were delivered last Saturday. 2 scenarios I can think of....A they went to the wrong address or B they were left on my outside doorstep in jersey city and stolen.....I'm thinking route B is what happened. Is there any recourse for this or am I just up sh*t creek and out a bunch of money?

Not sure what to do here. I ordered a bunch of BMs from a shop on Long Island march 28th and today decided to call them since they have yet to be delivered. Turns out they had tracking info and the USPS said they were delivered last Saturday. 2 scenarios I can think of....A they went to the wrong address or B they were left on my outside doorstep in jersey city and stolen.....I'm thinking route B is what happened. Is there any recourse for this or am I just up sh*t creek and out a bunch of money?

USPS should know better than leave a package outside a doorstep in Jersey City. Outside a doorstep in JC ..... bye, bye, baby!

USPS should know better than leave a package outside a doorstep in Jersey City. Outside a doorstep in JC ..... bye, bye, baby!

The people that work for USPS in JC could care less where his package is. Which is unfortunate.

The people that work for USPS in JC could care less where his package is. Which is unfortunate.

We live in the bottom half of a brownstone where the FedEx and ups guys know to open the door and place things inside the little mud room. Unfortunately the USPS just leave them outside on street level out in the open. Nothing like throwing 130 bucks out the window. If you guys see 2 yellow and 2 rainbow juniors on fleaba or Craigslist give me a holler.

Wow, that really blows. You would think there would be a better system the just leaving it outside. You would think a package of a certain value would require a signature of some kind.

Since you didn't sign for the delivery there may be some recourse, I'd look into it. Is there something the send signs that says if you're not home just leave it? Is this UPS policy? I think they are suppose to leave a sticker on your door. Here's what I would do........look into their policy and if you find something that makes the libel I'd take UPS to Small Claims court. They would have to send some high price lawyer to defend you order which is probably what the lawyer makes in half an hour. I wouldn't take it.

I might be wrong but I think since the postal service is part of the federal government they are not under small claims court jurisdiction. I spoke with one our local postal deliverers today really couldn't have cared less. Just smiled and said have a nice day when I told him the cash I was out on it.

Edit, I just noticed you said ups, I'm talking about usps (the postal service).

That's why USPS loses $1billion a year & will be out of business. Their customer service sux & the majority of postal workers don't give a crap. What a shame - how much effort does it take to open a door?

I would go out toward the water in Bayonne and see if they ventured down there trying to sell them. Seriously call up Post office and file a complaint and ask for a contact with their inspector general's office and the postal police to file complaints there as well. Check your terms and see if they were allowed to leave it unattended most of the time they are supposed to take it back and leave you a claim check and you have to go to the post office and pick it up. Make a stink and ask your neighbors if they actually saw him leave the package, if he didn't care about you than don't worry about busting his chops.

You could also try one of the TV stations like ABC's Seven on your side they may not move for you but they definitely do not like cameras in their face. Good Luck.

I've had the same thing happen to me, sucks! Even if USPS left it in front of your door, that doesn't mean someone can take what's not theirs. Lowlifes! :mad: