greeneflash

Any Boca Grande 26 owners out there?

Rate this topic

85 posts in this topic

Boneafied,

You don't have the same hull as all these other Boca Grande 26 boat owners.  Yes it was made by the same company but was a different hull made narrower and was their outboard verson.  They only made a few of them and are very rare to find.  It's over a foot narrower and takes less power to push it.  Other benefits as well.  I have one as well.  ;)

I'd like to ask you some question s about your boat and would like to share some things I found out about the boat.  Also, I'd like to know why it says O'Neill 26 (which I know where O'Neill's is) and what's the story about it.  I actually live about 30mins away from O'Neill's.

Please contact me at     spiritbayrep@   ya   whoo

Btw, tho I was a member of this board years ago, I just joined again just to contact you about the boat.

I have the other 26 Walk Around it was stretched by two feet before Legecy bought the hull mold (Thats what I was told) My  boat is just about finished ,getting ready to install 330 yanmar in place of 454. I have never seen a 1996 Boca until now. I live in Woodbridge Va. I will try to post some photos

3 on yacht world ?

Length Boats Year Price(US$) Codes Location

26' Boca Grande Center Console 1988 25,000 P U S G FG Irvington, VA, United States

26' Boca Grande 1989 59,000 P U O O FG Westport, CT, United States

26' Boca Grande 1987 27,500 P U S G FG Cambridge, MD, United States

Saw another one also? Boat Name Allison N.Palm Beach Fl 35,000 boat trader

I have the other 26 Walk Around it was stretched by two feet before Legecy bought the hull mold (Thats what I was told) My  boat is just about finished ,getting ready to install 330 yanmar in place of 454. I have never seen a 1996 Boca until now. I live in Woodbridge Va. I will try to post some photos

I believe I looked at that boat...

Damaged insurance claim?

Great hull.

My Fiancé and I are the proud owners of the very last Boca Grande 26 ever built.  We are beginning a restoration of her and may want to pick some of your brains. She is the daughter in law of the builder of these fine boats and as such, has a plethora of knowledge about them if any one has questions.  Look forward to hearing from you and will post pics as we go.  Thanks!

1000 thank you. Here cuddy is removed. About 500 lbs. gone. Work in progress.

Please, no solicitations in this forum. JR

Double post

Whats this all about. don't get it?

I own a 26 BG (1989 cuddy).  My wife and I fish off the west coast of Florida and love the ride and the ooh's and ah's from dock trotters when we stop for fuel.  Unfortunately, the port tank developed a fuel leak.  After much head scratching and pondering all the alternatives (sell and buy another boat? replace both tanks? seal off the port tank and use the stb (70 gals)...etc.), we decided to replace both tanks (diesel)...no small chore since the entire aft deck needs to be removed.  Even though the retro will prove costly, it will, in the long run, prove the best choice...hopefully.  Considerations were 1.) replacement boat expensive 2,) our diesel engine is very efficient and should have many useful hours remaining  3.) we "know" the BG and have always felt safe...and comfortable 4.) electronics and anchor windless would be difficult to replace 5.)I doubt the BG would be "sale-able" with a fuel tank problems .  The question I now face is whether to change from a cuddy to a CC.  I'm leaning toward the CC with a radar arch for electronic antenna, etc.  I especially like the "Rover" look.