Any Boca Grande 26 owners out there?

Rate this topic

My wife and I bought this beauty about two years ago.  We love the size, stability, and look.  I am surprised there are very few boat builders making anything similar today.  In fact, there are only a few other Boca's I have ever seen.  There used to be one named Fetch on the Eastern Shore and there is another named Bystander up in Newport, RI.  Any other's out there?  I would love to compare notes.

<br />

<br />

<br />

<br />

Almost bought one a few years ago...I'm a big fan.

It was a cuddy that had been (factory) stretched to a 28. Brand new but never used. It was one of the last ones out of the mold before they went under. A tree had fallen on it and crushed the gunnel, motor was a little f'd up from just sitting. Made an offer and got turned down...

Beautiful lines...good build quality, you can find a few in South Florida.

A Shamrock 26 is a similar boat. So's an Irvette and the old Mako inboard but they don't have struts to protect the gear. Look at Composite Yacht (that's who I was going to have fix the BG if I had it) ...though theirs has a much more pronounced flare.

powerless

I agree, the Composite 26 or Shamrock is probably the closest thing on the market today (unless you want to get a Hunt Surfhunter, and pay 100k more). I like the look of the Composite, but you have to like Carolina flare.

I just haven't seen too many other Bocas out there, CC or cuddy. I would like to see what other owners have done with their's.

Thanks for the comments.

• 1 month later...

We purchased our Boca Grande 26' about two years ago.  She has been a fantastic boat!  All the teak has just been redone as well as some engine tuning and a bottom paint job..all well worth the time and expense!

Formerly known as Papa Grande, Stout is well loved by our family.  We would love to know more about the Boca Grandes and if there are any more out there.

I saw the Papa Grande online (when it was previously for sale), would like to see some current pics too!

I stopped by Cambridge and saw the 26CC that was mentioned above. I hadn't seen the ad or the post here, but there was no mistaking the lines and the slight tumblehome. She had a teak overlay on the transom, looked very nice and had a reasonable price tag but it's not a good time for me :(.

powerless