Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BigBillJettyJockey

Original fireline fused smoke gray color 20lb.

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

I'm going to / want to fill a second spool for my 704 with original fireline 20lb., fused smoke gray color. Got the intel that's the best for it as compared to braid. Now, since the word "original" is attached to the name, I was wondering if it's easy to find? Something a B&T would have and could spool for me or can I buy it off the shelf and do it myself?

The season's coming and I'm getting the itch.

I was able to find the original at Wal Mart and Dicks but I'm sure the B&T's should have it too. The original gray colored line wears like iron. It's a little stiff at first but once it breaks in, it's hard to beat. It's the only superline I used on my 704.

I use the 30lb... on larger reels like 704/706. Actually use the 30lb most of the time. I have a couple of Spheros reels that may have 20lb... not sure.

Looking forward to trying it out. I've had the 704 on my mind lately. Penn is re-issuing the original 704z (710z?) so I've been following the progress of that. Not about to go out and spend the $200 they'll be asking so I've become even more attached to my Greenie.

:th: on the original Fireline. Stuff whistles off the spool a mile a minute. Cool thing was learning to tie a uni-to-uni knot to join together the two ends of the line together.Wally World only sold it in 125 yd spools so I went with two. 250 yards on the spool and I could still fill some more. Now all I need are some fish to really test it out.