Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bob_G

Hey Joe G, Seymour Street got it's 15.....

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

....minutes of fame last night.

You were the first person I thought of when the 11pm news came on last night. The old homestead finally made the news. Every old polack from Dorchester Street to Crompton Park was trying to get their face in front of the tv camera. :laugh:

I did not catch the news.....but I heared rumors that the Green Island Revitalization Committee would like to lay open Harding Street and expose the Blackstone River to promote tourism in that area.

Tell me more.

A school bus was driving down Seymour Street when someone shot out the window with a bb gun.

Looks like the ol 'hood' has gone down hill. :( Back when we were kids, the worst thing that might get thrown at a school bus was a rotten tomato or a cabbage.

Of course we never did stuff like that, it was the other kids.

Well I'll be darn.

Grandpa and grandma owned the mom and pop store at the corner of Millbury and Seymor Streets.

Actually I was born next door.

As you know Bob G., that whole area has gone down hill........it is a pity actually....my boyhood memories only live in my mind now because that entire area is in reality a third world country now.

That whole end is crappy. I always thought Worcester would turn around and become a much nicer place, but it's only gotten worse it seems.

Well I'll be darn.

Grandpa and grandma owned the mom and pop store at the corner of Millbury and Seymor Streets.

Actually I was born next door.

As you know Bob G., that whole area has gone down hill........it is a pity actually....my boyhood memories only live in my mind now because that entire area is in reality a third world country now.

That whole end is crappy. I always thought Worcester would turn around and become a much nicer place, but it's only gotten worse it seems.

Yea, agreed.

But I still love the place. It's where I grew up. :love:

I grew up in Westboro, so Wormtown was only good for Maurice the Pants Man, The Galleria, The WAG, Sir Morgan's Cove and the Kilby St. Projects before some kid got murdered at the house we bought dime bags from, lol. :D

I skatebaorded a lot there growing up, but imo......it's a nasty, semi-benign city. Boston is afar more dangerous. Worcester is just depressing now.

Lot of my family was fro the Quinsig area back in the day. Swedes and all. I was born in Memorial Hospital. :p

I grew up in Westboro, so Wormtown was only good for Maurice the Pants Man, The Galleria, The WAG, Sir Morgan's Cove and the Kilby St. Projects before some kid got murdered at the house we bought dime bags from, lol. :D

I skatebaorded a lot there growing up, but imo......it's a nasty, semi-benign city. Boston is afar more dangerous. Worcester is just depressing now.

Lot of my family was fro the Quinsig area back in the day. Swedes and all. I was born in Memorial Hospital. :p

Mokes,

You're a Wormtown light weight buddy. :laugh:

The Comic Strip, 1967, Jeck Beff. Country Joe and the Fish getting thrown out of for saying FU** at a Viet nam rally, and banned from the city. Abby Hoffman used to hang out at The El (El Morroco) while he was on the run. Called it "The best place to eat when your on the run." Lawerence Ferlinghetti reciting poems at the Blue Plate, while Tiny Stacy (personal body Guard to the Lalai Lama) was working the door.

Woosta was a cool place back in the day. :cool:

.... Maurice the Pants Man,....

I can still remember my very first purchase at the Millbury Street store.......it was a thin ( 3/4" wide ) black suede belt with a gold finish buckle......must have been around 1955 or so......later purchases included chino's and levi's.

I can still remember my very first purchase at the Millbury Street store.......it was a thin ( 3/4" wide ) black suede belt with a gold finish buckle......must have been around 1955 or so......later purchases included chino's and levi's.

And a leisure suit (lime green?) for your disco days..............