Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sharp1

Strange Brew - Another Witch Is Born..

8 posts in this topic

horizon2.jpg

A frind of mine, Jimi Dunlop, who lives in Northern California on the East Bay in Benicia, just bought two HJD Horizon Wave Witches. This is the second one and is actually enroute from HI to NorCal right now. Hunt Johnsen sent me this image. I just love the way his faded red orange to mango color scheme looks on these all glass boats.

Soon I'll be heading up to get Jimi started off on the right foot and introduce him to SOT yak fishing. He plans on recreating mostly, and doing a little Bass, Salmon and Sturgeon fishing in staights near his home with these two boats.

And DASBOOT, yes, this is the same Jim Dunlop that makes and sells Wah Wahs!

S1

Marksharky,

Good eye. That black "seal" is actually a structural band of fiberglass tape joining the white glass hull and nicely colored glass deck. It is a permanant connection. The black paint there is simply an accent strip. Yeah, these boats are designed expressely for surfing the Hawaiian surf breaks. These yaks have a sizable rudder and two skegs too. The rudder bar is just ahead of the footwells and is actuated by your toes. The breakwater forward of that keeps the slop from getting onto your lap. These boats are fast! About half the weight of a similarly sized poly SOT kayak,2 MPH faster and....3X the$.