Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RegDunlop

Van Staal VS 200 $475

21 posts in this topic

VS 200 black USA made bag/box external counterweight sealed drag

$475 shipped paypal only

Reel was last serviced in early 2009 by VS

Thought I had this sold ( see thread: http://www.stripersonline.com/t/887921/surf-spinning-vs-reel/15#post_10084833 ) but after removing power pro, and the spool found the following on the bottom of the spool

Getting the reel ready for shipping today, I was taking the PP off , and then took the spool off to wipe it down and I noticed something I never noticed before, there is a small hole in the bottom of the spool, looks like an edge of the hole chipped off???

Anyway I have never noticed this before as I spool my own reels and rarely took the spool off before. It never affected fishing, as I have landed many bass with this reel.

The "chip" is roughly in the 3 o'clock position. It looks like it is an attachment point for the assembly that is roughly in the 12 o'clock position.

I never would have known this was there if I hadn't removed the PP.

Would you take 425 cash picked up on Wednesday? That is if u are in Suffolk county since your location says war memorial area I'm guessing around farmingvile perhaps

Would you take 425 cash picked up on Wednesday? That is if u are in Suffolk county since your location says war memorial area I'm guessing around farmingvile perhaps

No. Two counties over. Prefer paypal and i ship. The war memorial arena is where the chiefs play.

Is this 100% fish able. Why the holes?? Will a new spool solve this?? Have Paypal and interested

The holes were added to move the drag clicker, the thing in the 12 o'clock position. They are not counterweight holes.

The reel was last serviced by vs in 2009. I never knew the holes were there intil a few days ago when I removed the line after selling it to md1278 in theother thread. I notified him and immediately refunded his $525.

No the holes do not affect performance. I have caught many bass with this reel, as is, never knowing those holes were on the bottom of the spool.

The holes on the spool will not effect performance. (The spool is drilled all over) I remove the clicker from all my VS reels.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0