Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Marksharky

Whats your largest from a Yak?

7 posts in this topic

Mine's only about 32" but I had one on for a while yesterday and the fling that was between 35-40". She came up top and threw her tail back and forth before she got off. I got a good look at her and she was in there with all my largest bass.

8-9 pd bluefish wating for the herring run this coming spring with the yak i will be able to hit all my honey holes wich last year produced 52 fish over 30inches in 8 weeks fished 18 times all from shore now i can go to the ares that have no shore accessand hammer them CANT FREAKIN WAIT counting the days till they start to run

still wishin to go yak fishin joev

My brother Chris caught a 45 lb. striped bass in his yak drifting eels in the rips off of Montauk point a couple of years ago..

He was drifting eels with a friend and then the bass took them both for a sleigh ride. He made the cover of Long Island Fisherman back then.... He's a real good fisherman who regularly dones a wet suit and swims out to the rocks in Montauk and does very well...

Regards,

AnthonyT

14" Small mouth! smile.gif

Caught Saturday in a fresh water lake not too far from my home. This was my first time fishin' from the yak. Hopefully I will catch some biggins soon. Fishin' from a yak is quiet fun.

Dick