Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
puff tentacle

Paypal problems !!!!!!

Rate this topic

31 posts in this topic

I imagine that most here on SOL in the main forum has at least looked at our BST forum if not participated, maybe you could give me your opinion or past experience with PAYPAL. I have bought a few things here on SOL BST with Paypal and had no issues but I recently sold my first item, a reel , and the buyer sent the money into my account with no issue but for some reason( found out later), paypal wouldn't accept my Wells Fargo account so I was forced to have them issue me a check. After two weeks without receiving my check I contacted paypal via landline which was an utter fiasco , four phone calls and two email messages later, I was told on the phone that I had to request to cancel the check via paypal site...I was surprised that paypal would not cancel the check for me over the phone. Oh, forgot to mention that two paypal operators disconnected me while I was on hold. Every operator I spoke didn't have a full grasp of the English language. I was able to give my bank info to Paypal over the phone and they made two small deposits of 10 and 5 cents into my account to verify. They told me that when the check is cancelled they would put the money into my bank account.. since the money from the buyer was placed into my paypal account its been a month and I still have not received my money. *** !!!!! I purchased a Stradic reel on BST and sent a money order and had no problems...I think the majority of people on SOL are honest so I think I would rather buy or sell with money orders. Does anyone have any similar experience or all positive experience for that matter. I buy more than sell and even that is minimal, but would like to do it with confidence. Trying to figure out if this was just an isolated incident or not. :mad:

I've only done one pp transaction and it was for 550$ for a vs reel, first time for me and the buyer it was the first time for him sending money, had no problem, took about 3 days for the money to get into my bank account,

I have made over 300 transactions using Pay Pal mostly buying but a few sales. I have never had a problem sending or waiting on my money. I have it linked to my credit card & my bank account. Soon as I get a notice transaction made the money is either in my account or sent to the seller.I find it very convenient & fast.

Bought, sold, sent money...never a problem.

Now f-ing fleebay?...different story. I put a bunch of stuff up, three guys win and don't pay. Meanwhile I eat the cost of running the auction, posting the pics, and ebay never responds to my customer outreach. F-em. That's why I like SOL BST...never had a problem there.

I have used Pay Pal a few times without drama . The only hassle seems to be it can take a while to transfer funds to and from your bank account - they quote 4- 5 days here . I did have a question once and after answering it they got in touch wanting to know if I was satisfied with the response and the person that I spoke to ; I thought that was pretty cool as they seemed to be concerned about customer satisfaction . The person answering my question was in Malaysia [ if memory serves me ] , and her grasp of English was just okay  - I would'nt want to deny anyone employment , esp folk in poorer countries , however I think these big international companies use foreign labour because they're cheaper ....I think you will find that your querey will have a customer satisfaction questionairre , and you should make use of it if not happy . They claim they do this because they are trying to ensure customer satisfaction ... I found Pay Pal to be way more helpful than my phone and internet providers !!! - contacting them is a nightmare , on hold for hours and then some guy in India or Philippines with very limited English . Finally , Pay Pal guarantee you will not be ripped off , I believe .... luck ...

Buying with pay pal is a breeze using credit but selling is a different story ! When you sell something and are paid through pay pay the money goes directly into your pay pal account and you can immediately purchase online using this money from pay pal account, however if you want to turn it into cash you need to link it into your BANK account and this I personally don't trust !!! I do trust our community on the BST and would not even hesitate taking a check or money order from fellow member especially our seasoned members !!! So if your buying alot online then it seems safe but if you want to turn it back into cash just trouble !!! IMHO        

Mike

I use PayPal for buying and selling several times a week through eBay.. I love PayPal. It's wicked easy and it makes getting paid so much easier. I linked the account to my bank and I can transfer money in 2 days.

But I have friends that have had your same problem.

Overall I think it's a great way to send and receive money online.

I have a Paypal debit card. Anyone else?

Money made from my Paypal and eBay sales goes into a seperate PayPal account. I then use the PayPal debit card (like cash) to buy anything you want.

On Pay Pal : I have an account linked to my bank , and as Pay Pal claim it takes 4 - 5 working days to get money from my bank account to the vendor's account ; along with the Pay Pal charges . Curiously , I have noticed that Pay Pal access the funds in my account electronically  almost as soon  the transaction is confirmed . There is therefore no reason that Pay Pal should not be able to transfer the money to the vendor immediately . I suspect that Pay Pal are using this 4 - 5 day period to invest MY money for THEIR benefit on the high - interest short - term market [ and everybody else's money ] , and presumably making a killing .... seems very sus to me , and if not illegal , probably ought to be .  . Nevertheless , I am otherwise  happy with Pay Pal and will continue to use them ..

Only issue I ever had was last weekend I got a email from paypal saying the noticed suspicious activity on my account. Turned out, my account was hacked and spent four payments of more than $200 total. It took my balance and sent the rest to the credit card. The bank called and canceled the credit card and reimbursed the money until we figured this out.

Tuesday, I recieve a payment and I tried to use it. My account was blocked, I couldnt even change my password. I would need the credit card number to get back in(but the bank took it back to replace it). I called paypal and was on hold for about 20 minutes. The support person was a fluent speaking english person. All I did was explain my story and I had the account lifted, the credit card taken off, and the money back all within the next day. 

Paypal is good

Well its good to hear the positive feedback, maybe this was just an unfortunate incident. Maybe now that my account is linked they will transfer the money for me. I found out that the reason I was unable to originally link my bank account on line was that it was already connected to a different paypal account and email. I thought that was alittle scary since it was not me, they said that account has been dormant since 2007. They supposedly corrected that. I guess I just don't know why its taking so long to stop a check and transfer the money into my account, in this day and age it seems too long. Like another member said, they withdraw out of the accounts almost instantaneously why not transfer into just as fast. I also echoe the sentiment that I rather deal with SOL BST with a money order or local pick up which I have also done without issues, plus with pickup you get to meet some nice people. Thanks again

On Pay Pal : I have an account linked to my bank , and as Pay Pal claim it takes 4 - 5 working days to get money from my bank account to the vendor's account ; along with the Pay Pal charges . Curiously , I have noticed that Pay Pal access the funds in my account electronically almost as soon the transaction is confirmed . There is therefore no reason that Pay Pal should not be able to transfer the money to the vendor immediately . I suspect that Pay Pal are using this 4 - 5 day period to invest MY money for THEIR benefit on the high - interest short - term market [ and everybody else's money ] , and presumably making a killing .... seems very sus to me , and if not illegal , probably ought to be . . Nevertheless , I am otherwise happy with Pay Pal and will continue to use them ..

That's exactly what they are doing. It's a common practice with any institution that handles large volumes of money. Banks do it all the time.