Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bodhi65

Fly recommendations for Nissequogue River in April

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

I going to fish the Nissequogue River this weekend and was wondering what flies to use.  I have not seen any hatches yet so I was planning on using woolly buggers.  Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks for any input.

Alan

I've done really well with streamers! My best fly to use is the Mickey Finn... Can never go wrong with Wooly buggers in black there...sometimes with the tide moving in either direction the only thing that works for me is a BH pheasant or hares ears. All in all I've fished many different streamers from the Mickey to big zoo cougars to even some huge 7" articulating sculpin type with success on holdover browns. Good luck

Now, remember,if you haven't done so, post the joke that this Forum requires. Huddler now supports automated wind-knot software, and I don't know if I have the buttons to divert it.

Any joke will do. It can be dumb. It can be one we've heard before. (Most jokes are both dumb and familiar). Nothing XXX, this is a highly civilized forum. Today was 4/10 so the clock is ticking.