Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Awesome John

Latest news! The brand new Penn 704/706 Reissue will retail for....

Rate this topic

224 posts in this topic

Made in America,

retail price for each model will be $200 dollars... :)

Penn says::::

"More info on the re-release of the Z series.....same design and same parts as they were made when we stopped production years back. To be clear we are only building 2 models 704Z (with bail) 706Z (bail-less), retail pricing will be $200 for both reels. Cosmetics will be black and gold as pictured, but we are considering adding these reels to the PENN Custom Shop. We are not going to commit to a hard delivery date at this point but we will deliver them before the end of the year."

feast your eyes on these blue blood beautiful proud American reels...:love:

Elegantly simple, Brutally strong, will last a life time.... Penn on behave of the surfcasters of of this great nation who love the old 704/706Z reels "I thank you !"

Once these babies get into the Penn Custom shop can you think of the versions that our creative surfcasters will conjure up? :)

I want a Bronze one :p thats drilled...

If I was able to use a spinning reel, I'd grab a 706. For now I'll stick with my Fathom 12. Good show Penn.

Where do we pre-order them AJ?  drool.gif

drool.gif

drool.gif

Dont know yet.. but please try asking the nice helpful Penn people on the Penn forum of this site. they would tell you definately whats up.

I am so glaf to see this reel a reality... everyone told me Penn would never do it and I was dreaming..

But as you can see it is now a reality... what did it take 3 or 4 years? But its here!!!!! :hi5:

Are you positive they will be manufactured here? Penn said nothing to that effect in the other thread and I thought they had previously stated that all reels under $250 would not be made in America.. I am a die hard 706 guy, I could fish happily for the rest of my days never using another reel, but if the new ones aren't going to be made here.. Well I will hold my tongue for now and be happy I hoarded so many older ones.