Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sudsy

Spring Fling 2013, some thoughts

Rate this topic

89 posts in this topic

Have an idea. maybe it's time to go about this a little differently

What with the aftermath of Sandy there are towns that could use our help and there are some towns that aren't letting us on the beach yet.

Perhaps we should combine two ideas, the mini-flings which we tried to restart last fall and the cleanup portion of the Spring fling that kind of fizzled because we were always getting beat to the punch by Clean Ocean Action.

I'm thinking we create a monthly format thing, perhaps the second Saturday evening of the month from April to November being a meet and fish night. We can start up on the bayshore and work our way south to finish on LBI.

The first could be considered the clamchuckers cleanup fling. I just spoke with the town of Aberdeen and they have a cleanup planned for Cliffwood Beach on April 27th (I know it's not the second Sat). It only covers up by the wall so they could use us to handle the park down on the southern end of town at Whale Creek. I think this is a pretty good idea.

For the rest of them we can work our way south. Hit McLeary Park on May 11th, this could considered be our traditional Spring Fling, June 8 could be in the main parking lot in Sea Bright. July 13 and August 10, Sept. 14th, can be beach fluking flings, (where kinda depend on how access is shaping up). Oct 12th can be IBSP, and we can finish with a November 9 Barnegate Inlet Fall Fling.

At each stop we can try to do something positive - maybe a sheetrock party at FlybyNiights place when we're in Sea Bright for example.

Thoughts ?

good one suds. i like the idea of proposing to towns that are now restricting access or have not been shall we say receptive to fishing access in the past. "our fishing club wants to come clean up the beach you don't let us access easily" may go a long way.

Gallant Gesture !

A couple thoughts , questions...Suds..you showin up this time? :)

Does FlyBy Nite have apparitions in his home?. Other than that, Im good. :)

Im thinking a Sheetrock Fling reunion. Somehow in our path of construction we hit up Tim&Caroles home, and get their place done too. But there we raise some $ and pay for someone to do the work.We eat pizza, drink beer and watch someone else . Honestly Folks, theres a local Guy who can do the work for not much more than most homeowners can buy the material for. Does the HumblyHomestead have room for us?

Have an idea. maybe it's time to go about this a little differently

What with the aftermath of Sandy there are towns that could use our help and there are some towns that aren't letting us on the beach yet.

Perhaps we should combine two ideas, the mini-flings which we tried to restart last fall and the cleanup portion of the Spring fling that kind of fizzled because we were always getting beat to the punch by Clean Ocean Action.

I'm thinking we create a monthly format thing, perhaps the second Saturday evening of the month from April to November being a meet and fish night. We can start up on the bayshore and work our way south to finish on LBI.

The first could be considered the clamchuckers cleanup fling. I just spoke with the town of Aberdeen and they have a cleanup planned for Cliffwood Beach on April 27th (I know it's not the second Sat). It only covers up by the wall so they could use us to handle the park down on the southern end of town at Whale Creek. I think this is a pretty good idea.

For the rest of them we can work our way south. Hit McLeary Park on May 11th, this could considered be our traditional Spring Fling, June 8 could be in the main parking lot in Sea Bright. July 13 and August 10, Sept. 14th, can be beach fluking flings, (where kinda depend on how access is shaping up). Oct 12th can be IBSP, and we can finish with a November 9 Barnegate Inlet Fall Fling.

At each stop we can try to do something positive - maybe a sheetrock party at FlybyNiights place when we're in Sea Bright for example.

Thoughts ?

Well, are we a go for this Saturday?