Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Marksharky

Hey North Jersey guys, it's a beautiful night...

5 posts in this topic

Anybody up for a little paddle & fishing tonight, I am thinking the Raritan bay or Neversink river say around 8:30 ish?

Oh yeah I been herin some talk about them there bunka bein around, I hear they taste perty good too!

[This message has been edited by Marksharky (edited 04-10-2002).]

Marky: Oceanic Bridge had a good size school of bunker today in the late afternoon. My friend fished the bridge and hooked large (16"+) bunkers on the fly....no bass! As soon as Jon gets my yak in we'll do some fishing. I'm totally new to kayaking but I have fished the Bayshore area for sometime now. Sorry for the lateness of this reply.

Even though I did not score it felt good to get out for a paddle. The AC guys hooked up a few to the south, maybe they just aren't quite ready to come in our rivers yet? I saw a few bunker not many though. It was a bit strange paddling alone in the dark cwm31.gif at first I was a bit nervous but as time went by I became acclimated. There were quite a few guys fishing off the bridge so I kind of kept my distance in those areas, wouldn't want Vinny to hit me with a sinker smile.gif.

One really cool thing that happened as I paddled about 200 yards east of the bridge up the river & turned around to look back... the vast openess of the area was amazing- the wind was dead calm, slack tide & I looked up at the sky I felt soooo small sitting in my kayak. Almost insignificant in the whole skeme of things with every thing else that is going on in the world(is that strange). I am not sure what it was but maybe with the bridge back off in the distance & just how huge space is anyway it was wild. I actually had some strange fear of lifting my Storm out of the water & having some big bass hit it last second, shocking me & knocking me out of the Yak smile.gif

Now I just need to boat my first Kayak striper this spring!

Lookin forward to fishin with you saltyh2ofly

[This message has been edited by Marksharky (edited 04-11-2002).]

Nicely put...we sometimes get lost in our work and daily life missing all that is available to us. Even though we live in the most populated state in the Union fishing seems to help make things "right". You'll be catching that first bass soon enough in your yak....any you'll never forget it!

Mark,I just got back but after reading that I want to go back out. Are You still coming down tommorrow night? The tide is better at around 3am now. Two of us had 4 fish tonight. Capt mike had three of em so I didnt do too well. They werent breaking on top as much. But there is still fish to be landed.