Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Steve in Mass

It's a Cloudy Friday.....

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

Was about 37 when I left this morning at 4:30, about 44 now and the showers missed us to the south. They say it will get to about 55 later. Chilly tonight, about 30, then sunny, windy and about 50 tomorrow. Sunday warmer near 60, then Monday in the 60's. Rest of the week, mid to upper 50's.

So, whatchya making?

Tonight is Chinese take out. For tomorrow, I bought a turkey yesterday at Shaw's for about $10, so will make that.

For Sunday, today I went to Roche Brothers with the intention of buying a shoulder chuck steak for London Broil ($2.99/lb) for the grill, but they had some nice looking ducks for $1.99/lb, so got one of those for about $9 instead. So Sunday will be boneless roast duck with Cabernet sauce.

Monday am on my own, and I don't know what I will grab yet.

Rest of the week......will get the London Broil for one day. Leftover turkey of one sort or another (likely sandwiches) for another day. Third day is up for discussion, but likely some type of shellfish, either mussels or maybe white clam sauce.

What are YOU making?

Tomorrow will be home made fried clams and oven roasted french fries. Possibly a side of cole slaw.

Sunday, probably going to fire up the charcoal for the first time this year and do either a chicken and a couple NY strips.

Turkey tomorrow and a duck on Sunday?

Yeah well.......that thought crossed my mind, but duck, although considered poultry, is much different than turkey, and in fact almost like a red meat, at least if cooked correctly.

Tonight I took over my left over slow cooker bbq chicken and made alfredo out of it.  I was a bit worried i would come out weird but it was pretty tasty.  Just put together a no knead pizza dough for tomorrow.  It will be bbq chicken pizza with onions and possibly some kind of gargonzola or blue cheese.  Then sunday maybe some trout, but I probably just jinxed myself.  Saw some power baiters get a nice 16ish rainbow from a local pond after work while they didn't want my metal.  Maybe they will be hungry for metal tomorrow or sunday. 

Chicken wings and hand cut fries and potato chips from Wing itz tonight, wrapping up a gig and no time to cook.  Good ballgame food.

Tomorrow burgers.  Just burgers.  Good beef, good cheeses, fresh buns and no baloney.

Its the same each spring and fall.  Come October, you cant wait to create a big pot of stick to your ribs, rich, warm something.

Come April its fire, five ingredients, and char marks, done.

Going to be a man shack here this week. Gals are out Mon-Fri. Just me and three boys. I pulled a turkey out of the freezer, I got burgers, I got lamb chops (on sale $5/lb), I got pesto and I got steak. :th:

Chicken wings and hand cut fries and potato chips from Wing itz tonight, wrapping up a gig and no time to cook.  Good ballgame food.

Tomorrow burgers.  Just burgers.  Good beef, good cheeses, fresh buns and no baloney.

Its the same each spring and fall.  Come October, you cant wait to create a big pot of stick to your ribs, rich, warm something.

Come April its fire, five ingredients, and char marks, done.

Absolutely! :th:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike View Post

Going to be a man shack here this week. Gals are out Mon-Fri. Just me and three boys. I pulled a turkey out of the freezer, I got burgers, I got lamb chops (on sale $5/lb), I got pesto and I got steak. icon14.gif

Where does the pesto go?