Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Christian White

This Afternoon?

6 posts in this topic

It's short notice I know, but my evening just became wide open, and I want one last chance at The Flats before the season closes. Anyone want to hit the water this afternoon? I was thinking about putting in farther south on the eastern side; perhaps Elk Neck? Any suggestions?

MS, sorry I didn't reply. I booked a huge order this week, and felt I had a little time to spare. When I checked the weather after I posted and saw how light the winds were, I decided to head out early. Porter managed to track me down and we fished until about 8:30 before we had to leave or get locked in the Perryville Park. I picked up a couple schoolies around 5:00, but other than that it was slow. The water beautiful right before dark; I don't think I've ever seen it that calm on the Flats. All in all, it was a great way to finish the Flats season.

Hey, you forgot to mention the two white perch I got. wink.gif

I was trying to sabiki-up some herring for live-lining and the white perch were more cooperative. First one was bait sized and he went on the hook but to no avail. Second one was real nice and fat but I couldn't justify keeping only one to eat so he's still swimming. Hey, at least I didn't get skunked!

Chris

I managed to get out with Suds , we did the floodtide each of us had a bass, 1 decent fluke for me too smile.gif Marked plenty of fish had lots of bumps & misses too, They were very picky though.