Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WorcBoy

Brendan is Boxing May 9 Palladium in Worcester

Rate this topic

43 posts in this topic

I know this is non-fishing related and if the mods want to move it go ahead...

My 2lb 10oz preemie is now a 20 yo sophomore at UMass Amherst..hard to fathom. Here is a kid that overcame being 12 weeks early, 13 inches long, and on the fine line of full pulmonary development to being a bright normal kid that was 4 year football player, 4 season track, and recipient of the Pioneer award in track at Saint Johns HS.

His latest athletic challenge is boxing. He is on the Umass club boxing team.0-2 record, but still working out 3-4 times a week with the team at Westover AFB.

One of his goals was to box at the Worcester Police Dept. Gang Unit boxing fundraiser at the Palladium in Worcester. Proceeds go to the Boys & Girls Club. He went out raised money and was notified last night he made the card!

So if you guys have nothing to due May 9th and like boxing come down and check out the fights!

Bill

I know Brendan has 40 but most are pre-sold to family and friends that want to see him get hit. :confused:

I'll find out this weekend how much and who has some. If I can get some we can meet at the rink.

I don't think I will let the NICU staff at UMass Memorial know. They love success stories and he is one of them but I bet they probably frown on the boxing.

A friend was in the main event a few years ago. Worcester fire fire fighter. Won the heavy weight fight. Wife was due to be Induced, wondering if he is fighting this year.

Point of interest > A good friend of mine,Ken Butler,of Hyde Park was

on the undercard at the old Worcester Centrum the night that Sugar

Ray Leonard got decked by Dickie Eckland.