Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
loligo

Striped bass commercial season to remain status quo for this year.

Rate this topic

75 posts in this topic

It was decided yesterday at the MFC meeting in Lincoln, it was decided that the striped bass commercial fishery will stay the same as last years rules. Period.

Bob,

Do you have rod holders for your high horse?

Sam

:D :D :D

That's one of the funniest things I've ever read here :laugh:

No high horse, but I knew several would respond that way. :rolleyes:

Answer me this, any one of you guys. Why do commercial guys always seem to take umbrage with someone who no longer participates in the commercial aspect of the fishery?

No high horse, but I knew several would respond that way. :rolleyes:

Answer me this, any one of you guys. Why do commercial guys always seem to take umbrage with someone who no longer participates in the commercial aspect of the fishery?

because you come off in a pompous way sounding like your a better person because you have not sold a bass in 10 years.

because you come off in a pompous way sounding like your a better person because you have not sold a bass in 10 years.

I enjoy my fishing ten fold since I gave up selling bass. How is that pompous? It's no longer about $$$s. Now it's all about fun. Why is that bad? :huh:

I enjoy my fishing ten fold since I gave up selling bass. How is that pompous? It's no longer about $$$s. Now it's all about fun. Why is that bad? :huh:

that is great that you enjoy fishing more by giving up selling bass and its just for fun but don't make it sound like its a bad thing for someone else to try and make a few bucks catching and selling bass.

Many ex comm bass fishermen have told me this. They told me making money was great, but in the end it took the fun out of it.

"but don't make it sound like its a bad thing for someone else to try and make a few bucks catching and selling bass.

"

HFG,

Please don't put words in my mouth. I never said that and you know it.

Man, is this a touchy subject. :rolleyes:

I only object to people that do not follow the law.If the law says with a license you can catch 30 bass on a Thursday then I have no problem with that.If the law says you can keep 2 fish a day at 28 inches then I have no problem with that.Selling bass at the back door of a Chinese restaurant,catching a limit of bass in the morning then going back out for a limit of bass in the afternoon,catching and keeping fish under the legal size all makes me furious.

What you choose to do with your fish does not make you any better then the next guy as long as rules are followed.

I have never sold a bass in my life but I don't feel I deserve a medal.