Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
avatheps

Jacksonville area suggestions please

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

My wife and I have both finally retired and can take a trip where and when and for as long as we desire. We have a son and his family that live in Jacksonville that we plan on visiting at least once a year for a month or more. Being as we are both avid fisher folk we would like to take advantage of what we have heard to be fantastic fishing of all types to be found there. Our son does not fish or even like to eat them so has been of little help to us. I have done the online search options, but most of what I have found seems to be geared toward folks with deep pockets looking for a few hours on the water with a full cooler of beer. Not that I am against beer, but I want to enjoy an affordable, enjoyable experience and at the same time come home with some fish for dinner. I am not fussy about what I catch or where I go as long as it doesn't get too hard to get to. We would appreciate some suggestions from you local folks to start out and hope to build on our experience and fun levels with each trip south. Thank you in advance.