Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wee Hooker

golf balls

11 posts in this topic

Any secret to installing those foam golf balls into my cockpit scuppers? I bought 10 and have stuffed , twisted and pounded them and they still only go in about 1/2 way ( from top down.) I'm thinkingof turning them down on a belt sander & lubing them for install. Should I just go buy some real plugs?

Find some closed cell foam and a D-cell mag-lite. Take the batteries out of the mag-lite, leave the cap off, and use the open hollow end to cut a hole in the foam. Perfect siz for the Tarpons.

I'm using some rubber cane tips bought from wallmart in hardware. I drilled and added a parachord leash tying two together with figure 8 knots on each end. A loser fit - you can shove them straight through if you push to hard.

I love the maglight idea though.

If you drill a hole in the golf ball and run a cord thtrough the hole to use as a pull handle, the ball will compress a little and make fitting hole better.

We use old boogie board or pool noodle foam here at the shop For people who have yaks that flood. Good yaks dont flood but have a dry ride all the time unless your a big dude then plugs may be needed even a well designed yak.Heating up the golf balls in boiled water might help.

Barrell