Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fattony16

Keansburg Fishing Pier

Rate this topic

26 posts in this topic

Hey guys new to the site, was just wondering if anybody has heard anything about the Keansburg Fishing Pier. I live like an hour away and was just wondering if they started rebuilding it yet?

Thanks in advance

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fattony16 View Post

Hey guys new to the site, was just wondering if anybody has heard anything about the Keansburg Fishing Pier. I live like an hour away and was just wondering if they started rebuilding it yet?

Thanks in advance

Spoke to Kathi yesterday. She said that work will begin this Monday 15th April. The owner expects that half of it will be opened by June 2013. She was actually out there with family removing debris from the water.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThAverageAngler View Post

I was at the Kensburg Fishing Pier yesterday. Sad to see it like that, it's going to take a lot of work to get it back and up and running. To see more check out HERE

<br />

All you need are some korkers.

Actually, it might not look like it but it's not really all that bad. All the pilings were tested and are 100%. Kathi said that the cross bracing put in last year saved the foundation. Just about all the girders and beams are still in place which means all that remains is decking, handrails and electric. Just a whole lot of it.

Never made it there pre Sandy. it was on my bucket list, but all i've heard were good things about Kathi. I will show support when its back up and running.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIGPOPPER View Post

Just in case anyone was interested........No bright ideas........still dangerous and still closed......but soon to change...Can't wait.

<br />

can't wait! Kathi and her sons have always been good to me and my family! Good People