Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FliesNPlugs

Fleye Foils

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

Really nice baitfish...A little olive on back & silver stripe on sides & you have a perfect Silverside..Was really sorry that popivic canceled his appearance at the Fly show at Pleasanton this year..Hear he lost his house with the storms bach east this past year..He had other worries this year...Hope he can make it next year....Jim

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregorjim View Post

Really nice baitfish...A little olive on back & silver stripe on sides & you have a perfect Silverside..Was really sorry that popivic canceled his appearance at the Fly show at Pleasanton this year..Hear he lost his house with the storms bach east this past year..He had other worries this year...Hope he can make it next year....Jim

Thanks Greg!

Yea terrible situation with Pops house, along with the many other people. God bless them and wish them the best.

My friend and SOL member preacher is working on Bob's house, he wasn't hit as some but he did suffer damage. I was at his house one day and the work has started and he's getting closer to being back in. Other friends lost everything, house razed to the ground and carted off or worse NO MONEY to fix the damage. Sorry about the off topic rant, really nice flys you've hit the mark.

Quote:

Originally Posted by saltyh2ofly View Post

My friend and SOL member preacher is working on Bob's house, he wasn't hit as some but he did suffer damage. I was at his house one day and the work has started and he's getting closer to being back in. Other friends lost everything, house razed to the ground and carted off or worse NO MONEY to fix the damage. Sorry about the off topic rant, really nice flies you've hit the mark.

No problem on the topic at all, its great to acknowledge some good in this world. It sucks how much of the television, etc, only share depressing and sad stories. That's the world we live in. Believe it or not, I was reading an interesting article on a news website. To sum it up, Denzel Washington was shooting a movie and donated a large sum of money to a children's hospital. Instead of praising the actor, the news decided to go on attack about why Denzel only donates to certain charities.....pretty messed up.

Best of luck to Bob Pops and everyone that was affected by this Hurricane!

Anyhow thanks for the comments on the flies. Few more weeks things should start happening. I truly like this cold winter, I believe it may take slightly longer for the bait and fish to arrive and start chewing, but in my log book, cold winters is when I have had better over seasons. Best of luck to you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stonefish View Post

Those are very nice. Did you enhanced the eye?

I used stick on eyes and a red sharpie to enhance the gill on my sand eels.

SF

No I did not, That's a great idea, I have done the same, using 3d eyes and a sharpie marker. Looks awesome as well! When you tie the sand eels try using fluro fiber, works awesome and Bob Pops told me to try it for a more "thin" appearance

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlie G View Post

They are some great looking flies. You have those foils tied in just right. Great job

Thanks Charlie! Soon to put them to the test with the small bait moving in! Another week or so for eastern long island!