Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Celloman2639

What's your Local Shop? Time to give your local B&T a thumbs up!

Rate this topic

221 posts in this topic

With all the threads I have been seeing about the USA made stuff vs gear made overseas and how it is our duty to support "made in the USA,"  I thought I would throw out a thread in regards to our local B&T shops.  As we all know, a good local B&T is hard to keep running (especially in the off season) and these guys who provide a home away from home for us to spend time Bull Shi*^%$ and checking out gear deserve our support!  Also I'm sure if any of you like to travel to other places to fish it may be good to have an idea about what is the good B&T in the area to stop into.

So I ask "What is your local Shop and why is it a great place?"

I'll start.... my shop is Cow Harbor Bait and Tackle in Northport, LI.  This is a great shop and Mark McGowan the owner is a great guy and a great fisherman!  Great place to go hang out and have some good conversation about fishing.  I always finding myself leaving with something being Mark stocks stuff you really want to use.  The free winter Seminars he has done have been really great and the amount of "sharpies" who you may meet in there are worth a trip.  Also all reels get serviced for 10 bucks which is just dirt cheap.  Great shop, great owner and f you want to fish the north shore of LI you have to stop in!

Ok boys your turn...

I'd like to also give a plug to cow harbor, started going there this year. I appreciate all the help and advice I have gotten from Mark, nice guy with a great shop. The seminars are great, they have had some really great speakers there over the winter. Anxious for the spring season to start!

Continental B&T Cranston, RI they might not have much but I've always gone there since I was 5 with my father. Also I would say they are experts on fixing Shimano B series reels :th: If I have a problem with my reels I go to them.

Lucky B&T Warren, RI My go to bait shop whenever I fish the east bay. Great and friendly owners.

Saltwater Edge Middletown, RI My go to everything for surfcasting.

CAUSEWAY B&T on Merrick Road in Wantagh, NY is the best. For their service, their knowledge- which they share freely, their assortment of quality products, their help, their friendliness, their fresh bait - they have everything you could possibly want in a local shop. Great guys running a great store!