Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sefmonster

Avet SXJ 5.3:1 and St.Croix Tidemaster/TC70MHF combo

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

I just wanted to post because I won the combo in a raffle and the Avet just arrived yesterday.It's black and spooled with white Toro Tamer braid from Charkbait and also came with a neoprene reel cover.I don't know much about the braid but Charkbait sells it and I heard a bunch of controversy over it but time will tell.

The reel size reminds me of my Saltiga 15 which I love.Can't wait to fish this combo! Anyone else have any experience with these two?

I have an Avet MXL that's such a little workhorse. Handled 15-18# pollock in 300 feet of water no problem, ripping them up. I just wish I had a stronger rod. Those reels are incredible and unbeatable for the price

I really love this little reel! I sold a 2 speed years ago which I regret.I also own a HX MC Raptor 2 speed which I've tried to sell on the B/S/T but no luck. I love this little guy and it's gonna make a great fluke,sea bass,blackfish and striper stick.I also have a Legend and Avid and LOVE them.I will try this model and if they start the program again maybe I'll upgrade! Until then you gotta hook'em to cook'em!