Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cortez The Killie Killer

Family visiting... Bitchin about stuff from 50 years ago....

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

I came home early to cook for my wife's cousins who are visiting. They are all gathered around the kitchen table re-living crap from 40 & 50 years ago. I called my wife to ask where she was and she said that she might work late. :mad: She's heard it all before! Thank God I stopped and bought wine, beer and vodka. My retreat to this computer is accompanied by two of the three. The home made limoncello will make an appearance later.

Oh, one of the bunch could tear it up! The others will still be complaining about not being invited to some birthday party in 1952 or that so-n-so's daughter is a disgrace because she didnt send a Mass Card when mommy died... I'm opening that limoncello now.

We've got a cute collection of them in town come late June. If I have to hear the ******* story of Uncle Michael burying his Firebird in a foundation (because he was wrecked and wrapped it around a phone pole) one more time I'm gonna wig out. Of course that beats the uncles story about burning down the original farm house to collect insurance... :kook:

We're talking real issues here fellers....

They need to attend that Wednesday sex group of yours, give them something new to talk about. :th:

I just moderate and give a little back to the community. I wish that I could tell the cousins some stories ---- it would curl their toes!

It turned into a good night --- learned many things about my wife's family that I never knew. :read: For example: Cousin so-n-so was 60 years old when he learned that his father was not his father but his grandfather and that his brother was his father.

And then the night took a turn: One cousin brought Easter chocolate for my kids (good thing since I ate the last bunny yesterday afternoon). However, she left the bag of chocolate hanging on a door knob. One of the dogs ripped the bottom of the bag and made off with a bunny. About 2AM, I sensed something wrong and discovered the dog under my bed throwing up ---- a huge mess of chocolate vomit. The only good thing was that it smelled like chocolate and not ****. Smelled good enough to eat. The dog looked ok. Called the emergency vet and was told that her having puked was the best thing. Simply watch her. So, from 2 - 3am I was cleaning chocolate out of the carpet and baby sitting the dog. At 5AM I was still awake and went to workout.

I had a customer several years back who was buying a dozen gravel rakes, 12 push brooms and a dozen shovels. When I asked him was his purchase tax exempt he said no. He told me that his family was coming down to visit and that he had work for them to do :shock: This was during thanksgiving time :confused: I told him that his family didn't visit him much and he just smiled ;)

I just moderate and give a little back to the community. I wish that I could tell the cousins some stories ---- it would curl their toes!

It turned into a good night --- learned many things about my wife's family that I never knew. :read: For example: Cousin so-n-so was 60 years old when he learned that his father was not his father but his grandfather and that his brother was his father.

And then the night took a turn: One cousin brought Easter chocolate for my kids (good thing since I ate the last bunny yesterday afternoon). However, she left the bag of chocolate hanging on a door knob. One of the dogs ripped the bottom of the bag and made off with a bunny. About 2AM, I sensed something wrong and discovered the dog under my bed throwing up ---- a huge mess of chocolate vomit. The only good thing was that it smelled like chocolate and not ****. Smelled good enough to eat. The dog looked ok. Called the emergency vet and was told that her having puked was the best thing. Simply watch her. So, from 2 - 3am I was cleaning chocolate out of the carpet and baby sitting the dog. At 5AM I was still awake and went to workout.

You are lucky the dog is OK, chocolate and coffee are 2 poisons for dogs.