Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mike Fixter

Variable speed pulley assembly/Reeves drive

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

My trusty old Rockwell Delta wood lathe of well over 30 years use has finally crashed. The variable speed pulley assembly is totally worn out & eating up belts. I've tried finding replacement parts in the usual places (parts houses, ebay etc.) with no luck sofar. Some of the parts houses show it listed, but don't actually have it in stock & say it's been discontinued. Machine shops I've talked to don't want to fool with making a new set. I've considered trying to change over to an electronically controlled variable speed, but I'm not convinced that is the route I want to go. I know this is a long shot but if anybody out there knows of a variable pulley assembly for sale I would sure appreciate hearing about it. My lathe is a Rockwell Delta model 46-614 & the part number is 434-03-406-5004. Many thanks, Mike

Tinman, thanks for responding. I can't give you any measurments right now. I just dropped the whole thing off at another machine shop to see if they can make me one. Mike

Old tools are like old friends, you hate to see them fade away, it's good to hear that you're trying to resuscitate the lathe that probably made my pikie.

Oh Yeah, Fixter Pikies ROCK!

Mine has an easy 30 pounder to it's credit.

Hi Mike,

I spoke to Paul and he posted on that other lathe thread I replied to you about it.

Mike you are welcome to any parts I have. I will never get the thing up and running as I got a plug lathe and full use of a machine shop so my need for another lathe is really not needed. I had visions of a bigger lathe but reality is I have no need so let me know what you need and if I have parts you need I am sure we can work something out for you. Paul

anyway, give him a shout and I am sure you guys can work something out so you can get your lathe up and running again.