Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishinambition

Hey n00bs

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

The nickname isn't "Rockfish" fer nuttin!Find the rocks you'll find the fish. 6 foot tidal flow. Spend time at dead low tide to find those rocks or current seams and then fish them when you can see them by picking points on the far shore to triangulate your distances and directions.

See that big boulder out there at 50 yards at low tide. Target it on the outgoing dropping tide. See that boulder field. fish it on the up river side on the incoming and the down river side on the dropping tides.

This isn't brain surgery, its fishing in a tidal estuary.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJ View Post

The nickname isn't "Rockfish" fer nuttin!Find the rocks you'll find the fish. 6 foot tidal flow. Spend time at dead low tide to find those rocks or current seams and then fish them when you can see them by picking points on the far shore to triangulate your distances and directions.

See that big boulder out there at 50 yards at low tide. Target it on the outgoing dropping tide. See that boulder field. fish it on the up river side on the incoming and the down river side on the dropping tides.

im gonna put a gps on u, and follow u

I have a habit of forgetting to buy river lead so i find myself using hatteras sinkers in the hudson. the rocks love em. :o

my favorite spot requires just 2 oz and is within white perch casting range.

I have a habit of forgetting to buy river lead so i find myself using hatteras sinkers in the hudson. the rocks love em. :o

my favorite spot requires just 2 oz and is within white perch casting range.

Egg sinkers ;)