Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
baldwin

New CT Gun Laws

Rate this topic

122 posts in this topic

I know this isn't about fishing, but affects many of you as sportsmen. Don't think this won't affect your state if you're not from Connecticut, the country is watching CT to see what we do. It will influence legislators around the country and at the federal level.

Below is a link to the bill that passed both the CT Senate and House of Representatives, and will be signed into law by Governor Malloy today.

http://www.cga.ct.gov/2013/TOB/s/pdf/2013SB-01160-R00-SB.pdf

I live in CT and am happy to see that a COMPROMISE was reached.... all the gun guys I know are panicked and hiding their guns (some even burying them in their backyards... and no, I'm not kidding) but no one is gonna come knocking to take away your guns.

and as far as"pansies" go- I attended 2 funerals for kids killed at SandyHook.... you try that and tell me something shouldn't have changed around here

I'm not saying that things shouldn't be changed. There are some parts of that law that are needed, some that only serve to put restrictions on the law-abiding.

Changes that actually will curb gun violence are really needed. But let's make sure that these proposals fall into that category, and aren't ineffectual political moves that buy votes from the uninformed. And I, too, grieve for those who were lost and their families.

Changes that actually will curb gun violence are really needed. But let's make sure that these proposals fall into that category, and aren't ineffectual political moves that buy votes from the uninformed. And I, too, grieve for those who were lost and their families.

x2^^^^^ I have two little girls and no way would I want this to happen to me, but gun laws don't solve anything, get rid of the criminals first, they don't obey gun laws. Glad I live in NH.

We are in the same boat in Maryland.  I'm in LE and this crap doesn't work!  The lawless will remain lawless while the law abiding suffer.  The mentally disturbed are running the streets instead of being in institutions like years past.  The laws on the books now are not enforced.  The mandatory sentences for illegal gun usage and possession by people that by law, are not allowed to have the guns, are pled away by prosecutors looking to get a quick conviction instead of going to trial.  I see 1 straw purchase a year case come through my courthouse, maybe. 

Don't let the governments fool you either, if they are instituting a license, and they are charging you for said license, it is a money grab.  I love the politicians like the idiot in NY say this is for the children.  "If it only save one child, it is worth it", then submit a bill for late term abortions the week after.  How is that working out for the children? 

I will never buy another gun in MD, because I will not give more money for another stupid license.  I'll wait 4 more years to retire and buy on from a southern more friendly state I want to move to.  Watch out for the MD governor.  O'Malley will use this to run for President in 2016.  Watch your governors also.  TO stay relevant in politics is the only goal.

Sorry for the rant.

If you honestly think a law will protect you, you're mistaken.  Check the books, there are already plenty that get broken.  That being said, some laws should be passed, like universal background checks(although I'm against limiting magazine capacity, ask anyone who has learned to use stripper clips).  Mental health issues aren't being addressed, just dosed, so that is a huge hurdle that I don't see changing anytime soon. It's been like that for generations, and more often than not, people are glad to fill their children or themselves with pills in attempt to mask the underlying issues.  

I know down here in Maryland, they are attempting to pass some very stringent laws.  Many gun manufacturers are already making their plans to leave.  

Me either....Can't F-in stand O'mally. I want to move from this POS state so bad but we are just not in a position to do so. I think MD has to be one of the worst states in America

I don't dislike the state, I actually love the geography.  There aren't many states like Md.  Mountains to the ocean.  You have everything in between.  The politics are what has ruined this beautiful state.  The people running the state only want to keep their power and the people that keep putting them in office only want to keep their handouts.  At our expense.  This state would be perfect if we had the weather of the Carolinas and the politicians weren't idiots.   wink.gif

What is it with Americans and guns? Since when do you need an assault rifle to hunt? As a UK citizen I find the whole gun thing bewildering.

What is it with Americans and guns? Since when do you need an assault rifle to hunt? As a UK citizen I find the whole gun thing bewildering.

U.S. Constitution

Amendment II

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

An intuitive understanding of the human condition leads to an apprehension of man's natural rights; that intuition stems from our humanity.

Certainly, self-preservation is the paramount natural right which modernly, is effected by lawful use of firearms.

All human beings have a natural, inalienable right of self-defense; not all nations recognize that the inherent human right of self-defense is best effected by firearms.

It is not just about hunting. It is about sport and self preservation. The shooter portion of my name is from competition shooting and firearms instructing for my SO. Just like fishing, shooting follows trends, the trend now is AR type rifles for competition/self/home defense. They are much more suited for that than Bidens shotgun. Trust me, I'm proficient with rifle/handgun/shotgun. My first choice is always rifle. The "AR"

Does NOT mean "assault rifle". The lame stream media and the lesser informed think so. Do some research. "AR" is the name given to all guns produced years ago by Armalite. They even made a shotgun with the "AR" moniker.

Something to remember, this country was founded on ideals that didn't sit we'll with the crown. We revolted, they came after us again in 1812, we won again. Back in those days this gun type argument was null and void. They had one type. Through industrious engineering, we have multiple types. OUR contistution still says the same thing. Guns are a part of our heritage, just like something that is part of what makes you a citizen of the UK, having the RIGHT to own firearms is what makes me a citizen of the USA. Just like I'll never understand the reverence for the Crown, only because that is not part of my heritage.

Remember this..... An armed populace are called citizens, an unarmed populace are called subjects.