Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FishinDVM

Cabela's Gold, Dry-Plus, Breathable, Bootfoot Waders... thoughts?

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

Hello,

I am looking for breathable, bootfoot waders for under $250... used primarily for open beach fishing (some areas have lots of shells / rocks but im not rock climbing jetties and such).  Searching on Cabela's I narrowed it down to these...

Cabela's Gold Medal™ Dry-Plus™ Convertible Bootfoot Chest Waders – Regular $209.99

Anyone have this model and care to comment on how they feel about them?

Thank you, Chris

on my third season with them. used them flyfishing delaware river in new york every weekend from may till agust. then use them fall striper fishing. just make sure to rinse them off after saltwater use. good luck

I have them and am very satisfied with their performance...when they started to leak I just returned them to Cabelas and received a new pair at no cost...Cabelas service/warranties is top notch.

Hello,

I am looking for breathable, bootfoot waders for under $250... used primarily for open beach fishing (some areas have lots of shells / rocks but im not rock climbing jetties and such).  Searching on Cabela's I narrowed it down to these...

Cabela's Gold Medal™ Dry-Plus™ Convertible Bootfoot Chest Waders – Regular $209.99

Anyone have this model and care to comment on how they feel about them?

Thank you, Chris

Outstanding wader and warranty. I will say that I prefer the stocking foot. You just don't get a boot on the boot foot type that is as comfortable as a wading shoe. Orvis makes a fine boot on their high end boot foot model. More than you want to spend but the boot (shoe) is far superior to Cabelas boot with regard to comfort. This may or may not be a concern to you.