Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kurtsteng

Berkly gorilla tough rods?

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

Hey guys, my grandfather gifted me, a Berkley gorilla tough ROD, 20-40 pound trilene test 2-6 lure weight. It says GS70, and is a 7 foot long boat rod, in the casting style. I love this thing, slapped a Penn delmar 285 and I have a perfect sturdy old boat rod and reel combo. The problem is, I can not find this thing online. Apparently berkly does not make gorilla tough rods, just superline. I would like to purchase a second rod, but do not know where in the hell I can get one. Anyone ever heard or used these before?

I have never heard of that rod either. Berkley at one point owned Fenwick and then them selves were bought out. How old is the rod? guess!! Does it say Made In .... ? What color is the rod? Fiberglass ? Graphite? composite?

I think it's a new rod, my grandfather bought it new. I'd have to take some pictures and upload them, I'm really confused haha. It's graphite with a glass tip I think. Cork handels. It does sort of look like a fenwick rod, and fenwick has a GS70 for freshwater use. It saise, berkly gorilla tough on the side. Pictures on the way, I really need to get to the bottom of this.

Kurt,

I believe that rod is built from composite graphite/glass.

if I remember right they had a solid tip about 6-8 inche from the tip.

also I think walmart sold them for a while.

they were kinda like the pinnacle rods which were made by the same company that makes ugly stik blanks.

if you really want anpother rod you may have to go with the daiwa beefstick in boat style.

H-H