Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Forden

Hey Boston contingent

Rate this topic

103 posts in this topic

Greetings everyone,

Here's to a new season. I'd like to connect with some other anglers who fish in and around Boston to form a circle for outings at the river mouths etc. Some spots like the mouth of the Charles get a little sketchy at night and there is safety in numbers. I cover a lot of ground on a bike which is set up canal-style, but have a car too and am thinking why not carpool out to places like Wachusett. Not like gas is getting any cheaper... If you're interested, post a reply or send a PM.

Also hoping to afford a kayak this year, so you yak guys, same deal. Tight lines everybody!

Forden, we hope you are successful in your request It is a better experience when you can share it with some one else with the same appreciation of our resource.. Good luck in finding some one to fish with

I think this is a great idea. Holla atcha boy!

I'm a fly-fisherperson with a kayak (if I repair the leak), but I got nothing against other types of anglers.

I love people who love to catch fish.

i am down too...been marking a lot of areas and checking out you tube videos all winter..im itching to get out there..dont know y i cant do private message though

Gotta have 15 posts to PM. I'd be up for some local fishing too. Used to do a lot of fishing between Quincy and Southie from shore, then the Canal bug bit, but it would be nice to get more proficient at catching fish from shore locally.

I also have a kayak with a leak.... I fish the Boston area during the week, mostly evenings as I work at 5am. Most of my fishing buddy's are on the northshore so feel free to pm me anytime.

I spend most of my time driving south to the Canal as that's where I grew up and feel most comfortable with, but every year I say I wanna spend more time fishing the harbor and areas on the Notrh and South Shores closer to home. So I'm down for fishing most any night.

This is great, we got a list started--now we just have to wait for the fish to show. I'll be checking the Charles regularly for signs of herring.

I'm hitting the local spots for trout, and probably will make a trip out to Wachusett after opening, during the week if possible to avoid crowds.

Would also be interested to target flounder in the early season, which would be new for me, if anyone wants to give that a shot.

Count me in on this, I'm over in Waltham and fish the Charles extensively. I do pretty much every kind of fishing available. Living in the city you fish when you can for what you can. I also hit Winthrop quite a bit and would definitely like to get more night fishing in over there this year, plus some of the other beaches to the north.  

Count me in on this, I'm over in Waltham and fish the Charles extensively. I do pretty much every kind of fishing available. Living in the city you fish when you can for what you can. I also hit Winthrop quite a bit and would definitely like to get more night fishing in over there this year, plus some of the other beaches to the north.  

north has always been my nemesis. there is so much fishy water less than 25 mi of me northward (east somerville) but I have yet to get in there too much or feel too comfortable exploring those rocks. that's one of this season's resolutions.

I'm going all out this year I have waiters and everything know some great mud flats. Places with good structure and bait fish. But last year I was a chunker instead of using plugs and lures or jigs and sluggos