Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
staktup

New 11' Avid surf rod reel seat question

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

Anyone know if the reel seats on the new red Avid surf rods accept VS 250s? i heard when they first came out the seats may not have accommodated these reels. Thanks!

Thanks guys. I was going to trade up my Mojo 11 for an Avid 11, but I see that St. Croix has the Avid now listed as a 5 year warranty instead of lifetime. I could have sworn these were lifetimes a few months ago:huh:

Btw.... Just called St. Croix the other day and found out they have unfortunately temporarily suspended their trade up program. Too many used rods so they say.

Thanks guys. Cnnashman is right, the new red Avids have a LT warranty. And since I initiated a trade up discussion with them a few weeks before this program suspension and lost my notes to send them the rod and difference, they will honor my trade up anyway. Good guys in Park Falls!

Thanks guys. Cnnashman is right, the new red Avids have a LT warranty. And since I initiated a trade up discussion with them a few weeks before this program suspension and lost my notes to send them the rod and difference, they will honor my trade up anyway. Good guys in Park Falls!

Congrats Staktup , yes they do take care of you. I'm interested in Shipwrecks demo that he said he had , your saying the 11 footer feels more moderate than the Mojo 11, that's interesting.

Congrats Staktup , yes they do take care of you. I'm interested in Shipwrecks demo that he said he had , your saying the 11 footer feels more moderate than the Mojo 11, that's interesting.

Yes, but it was only one rod I held, not cast, and not a side by side comparison. Just going by muscle memory. Hopefully I am right!

I picked up a 7' Avid Surf on the trade up program and mated it with a Stradic Ci4 4000. Needless to say I am pumped about this season. 

Good luck with it and enjoy!