Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bass Ackwards

Barn Island Launch

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

I was there the night they pulled the docks. Went the next week but didn't launch. I think it's all set, but I don't know If they put the docks back in. If I head down that way this weekend I'll let you know.

Launched there in November. Not much changed going around sandy point but I didn't try going through the cut so I'm not sure how that area looks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLH View Post

Launched there in November. Not much changed going around sandy point but I didn't try going through the cut so I'm not sure how that area looks.

There is nothing mentioned in the online CT boat launch guides. It may be prudent to get updated navigation charts in case there are bathymetric changes throughout the coastal sound honestly.

Not sure about the docks but if you have a big boat you'll need to take it very slow and make a new chart path if you go through to Nap. the cut is not the same as it was last year. Still a good path but some areas filled more and some areas are now deeper. Take it easy and plot a new path. while you do look over the sides and make note of where the very shallow sides of the channel are. When I ran through I took the paint off my prop. Had to adjust my course 10 foot and I was fine.

I'm only in a 17' boat that needs less than 2 foot of water. If I was larger I might still be trying to push my boat out of the sand.

I think he's talking about the cut between the south end of Sandy point and napatree. I would be head out towards the Pawtucket and swing straight in across, that channel is very narrow. Just take it slow.

I think he's talking about the cut between the south end of Sandy point and napatree. I would be head out towards the Pawtucket and swing straight in across, that channel is very narrow. Just take it slow.

Thats the one. It changes a little every year due to winter storms but I'm sure it's changed more than usual with the hurricaine.