Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
louzerz

Catching striper in the Delaware. Legal or illegal?

10 posts in this topic

I'm interested fishing the Delaware in the area of Burlington bristol bridge to the bordentown overpass.

Is it legal to target bass during spawning season?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I am pretty sure that there is some sort of list or publication that comes out every year that is easily available either online or the nearest sporting goods store that can answer this question and possibly provide more information that might be asked, I could be wrong though...........no, no I am right. Easily available and free.

striper season opened march 1st,go for it!

You just might get that poor guy a ticket. The Delaware has its' own set of rules.

I am pretty sure that there is some sort of list or publication that comes out every year that is easily available either online or the nearest sporting goods store that can answer this question and possibly provide more information that might be asked, I could be wrong though...........no, no I am right. Easily available and free.

Good advice, right here.

Should have came with his fishing license. At least if he bought a Pa license.

And if you are licensed in Pa then you need to have a SARP # to fish for stripers in the river.

Striped Bass and Hybrid Striped Bass From the Pennsylvania state line upstream to Calhoun Street Bridge:

– Jan. 1 through March 31 and

– June 1 through Dec. 31 28 inches 2

From the Pennsylvania state line upstream to Calhoun Street Bridge:

– April 1 through May 31 20 to 26 inches 2

From Calhoun Street Bridge upstream:

– Open year-round 28 inches 2

This link is for the NJ regs. The Delaware specific regs are around page 5.. If you're in PA or past the centerline of the river you've got to go by PA rules though.

http://www.state.nj.us/dep/fgw/pdf/2013/digfsh13-regs.pdf

Centerline actually has nothing to do with it. If you are a NJ boat and launch from the NJ side you must abide by the NJ rules. If you are a NJ boat and drove over to the Pa side and launched you must still abide by the NJ rules for when you drive back over to NJ. Same deal when fishing from shore.

This is right on page 5 of the link you posted

Pennsylvania allows anglers to harvest a daily limit of two striped bass measuring 20 to 26 inches for a two month period from April 1, 2013 through May 31, 2013, from the Calhoun St. Bridge in Trenton downstream to the Pennsylvania state line. New Jersey still has a closed season. Anglers fishing the Delaware River from the New Jersey shoreline, or returning to New Jersey by boat and/or car in April and May must abide by New Jersey’s striped bass regulations. Possession of striped bass in New Jersey is illegal during this time period.