Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Otshawytsha

Tonight Show Transition: Conan to Leno to Fallon: Destruction of a Once Great Property?

Rate this topic

54 posts in this topic

I'm sorry I don't see how Fallon is going to build anything. I think it will be better than Leno's show, but it's still going to be a faded pale version of even Conan's Late Night years. Fallon ruined about a thousand SNL sketches by "corpsing" as they call, i.e., cracking up mid-sketch. Total unprofessional. And the main mark of his Late Night work is this fawning kindness and flattery that is pretty annoying. On the other hand, maybe that kind of attitude will ripen into something more fun than Conan's sort of cartoonish professional buffoon act or Letterman's bitter strangeness. We'll see. But I think the whole thing is going down the tubes. Rome is coming apart at the seams, so to speak.

IMO the tragedy of all this is that we lost Conan's Late Night show in the shuffle. The TBS Conan is sort of like an overwizened actress...all that freshness and unprofessionalism of his earlier years is obscured by the sheen and luster of having simply done this stuff too often and too well.

Your thoughts. Do you even care?!?

Will you miss Leno?

I havent watched late night since the Chevy Chase show.

Yeah, I'm sure that show ruined late night for a lot of people :)

I came up in the days just before the big changeover from Carson to Leno. Would watch Arsenio. Remember seeing Clinton on there. Then watched Conan as he came on strong. I don't watch late night shows now after the Conan debacle but I do enjoy watching youtube interviews of my favorite celebrities, so I have a sense of the skills of the various hosts. Fallon is the only one that I consider totally unqualified to be doing it, but like I say he will ripen up.

Craig Ferguson is funnier and more funny than any of those twats. Carson was a poofter and Leno is way worse. Letterman is tolerable, but FFS Carson Daily couldn't wash my car (truck).

Craig Ferguson is funnier and more funny than any of those twats. Carson was a poofter and Leno is way worse. Letterman is tolerable, but FFS Carson Daily couldn't wash my car (truck).

funnier AND more funny!

If I pump it into this equation

wherein x= funny, x+1=funnier, and x+1 = more funny then....

wow that is funny.

^ gets it.

As opposed to gits it

I'm sorry I don't see how Fallon is going to build anything. I think it will be better than Leno's show, but it's still going to be a faded pale version of even Conan's Late Night years. Fallon ruined about a thousand SNL sketches by "corpsing" as they call, i.e., cracking up mid-sketch. Total unprofessional. And the main mark of his Late Night work is this fawning kindness and flattery that is pretty annoying. On the other hand, maybe that kind of attitude will ripen into something more fun than Conan's sort of cartoonish professional buffoon act or Letterman's bitter strangeness. We'll see. But I think the whole thing is going down the tubes. Rome is coming apart at the seams, so to speak.

IMO the tragedy of all this is that we lost Conan's Late Night show in the shuffle. The TBS Conan is sort of like an overwizened actress...all that freshness and unprofessionalism of his earlier years is obscured by the sheen and luster of having simply done this stuff too often and too well.

Your thoughts. Do you even care?!?

Will you miss Leno?

Will you miss the seals?