Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GregN

manasquan river

9 posts in this topic

Greg I fish there... But my boat is 26' and is certainly not a yak..

For the record though, I do see guys out there almost every week, typically one or two every time I'm up there.. I guess a lot of these guys aren't on SOL or something, but they're around!

I fish the manasquan every one in a while. I found the best place to put in is at the little park across from the 7 eleven in Point Pleasant. (Just follow the signs for Broadway Beach Area). I have'nt sen any othe yak fishers there other than the two young guys I saw yak fishing near the Rt 35 bridge a few weeks ago. They did not acknowledge me and gave me dirty looks when I said hello. The best spots I have found are near the route 35 bridge, at the mouth of the inlet, or near the mouth of the canal by the old hospital . Tomh

I've yakked all the other rivers in the area and the Manaquan is high on my list of "to do" yak fishin' spotssmile.gif I used to fish it from a 21 Wellcraft and on foot - the place appears to be one of the most idea yak fishing areas around. Slower currents, lots of bridges, lots of lights and structure - it screams fly rods and kayaksicon14.gif

TimS

I occasionally fish it by yak. Be careful as there are many boats going too fast even late at night esp on the weekends. Make sure you have the proper lightings as to be seen.

appears to be one of the most idea yak fishing areas around. Slower currents, lots of bridges, lots of lights and structure - it screams fly rods and kayaksicon14.gif

TimS

OK Tim so are we on for a yak session over there? We never got to do the Sqaun Res. on a rainy day so what you say?

I was at a county planning board meeting two years ago and the application that was up before us had something to do with a property on the Squan river. What I found interesting was the fact that it is the most heavily trafficed river in the United Statescwm24.gif

------------------

"Any time a man ain't fishin' he's fritterin' away his life." - Rancid Crabtree