Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NIGHT STRIKES

Heading Home Berkeley Striper Club Meeting Tonight

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

It has been five months since the storm known as Sandy changed the lives of many along the barrier islands of NJ and slowly but surely things are starting to get back to some normalzy.. Residents are starting to move back, the new boardwalk in Seaside Hgts is under construction and shops/restaurants/motels are starting to re-open for the season.. That being said the membership of the Berkeley Striper Club will be returning home to their monthly meeting location as of tonight @ 7:30PM. Bourough Hall in Seaside Park.. ( Food will be provided)

Shoud be a good turn-out and we will also have a presentation from our Guest Speaker and Club Member Shell E. Caris as he gets us ready the 2013 fishing sesaon speaking about

" Spring Surf Tactics"

Also another note - If you are coming into town > WATCH YOUR SPEED, ~Warning about driving in Seaside Park ~ The local police have become very diligent in enforcing ALL traffic laws in town. So, watch your speed, stick to the 25mph limit , use your turn signals , come to a complete stop at the stop signs , etc...

Hope to see everyone there tonight..

Steve George

BSC

Nice to hear Steve. hope you guys have a great season.

As A shark River member, it was good to get back to a meeting in January and re-connect with old friends.

Our meetings have moved to the Goodwill Firehouse in Spring Lake after Taylor Pavilion in Belmar was flattened.

My thanks to the good folks at the firehouse. We received a great welcome.

As A shark River member, it was good to get back to a meeting in January and re-connect with old friends. Our meetings have moved to the Goodwill Firehouse in Spring Lake after Taylor Pavilion in Belmar was flattened. My thanks to the good folks at the firehouse. We received a great welcome.

Glad to hear things have worked out well with your new home. I always thought it was great that the SRSA basically met "on the beach". I hope there are plans to rebuild the pavilion once the boardwalk is completed and they allow you to return to your familiar and unique setting.

I know our membership was anxious to get back to SSP. Since 1966 the club had met in the same location for over 40 years and it was great to see everyone in our temporary home (TR Knights of Columbus), but as Steve had mentioned there was a strong desire to get "back home". Maybe it was a need to be closer to the ocean or maybe people wanted what was familiar to them. The end result is tonight we return.

Quite a turn out last night for the meeting. I'm not sure it is was Shell's presentation or those just wanting to bust his balls during the presentation. It was good to be back in our normal meeting place. Great presentation by the way Shell. Thanks.

I got down early and hit Pt. Pleasant to pick up a new toy / tool. The PD were VERY active and visible from 195 all the way down 35 into Seaside. I witnessed lots of pull overs during my ride down.

I also stopped at the Wawa in Lavellette to grab a drink and something to eat. As I get out of my Jeep I notice the vehicle to my right there's a young man asleep in the truck. Its a little after 4pm. I grab my drink and some mango and get back to my Jeep, here's a real young kid in the car next to me looking at the sleeping young man, He asks me if I called the police. No, not me. I would have checked on the kid after I ate. The officer was sitting in his patrol car, a checking the kid out. The truck had an orange resident sticker on the windshield for some municipality down there. The cop looked in the windows at the kid, opened the drivers door, the kid was out, head hanging and sleeping. The cop nudged him and he work up. The cop was right in his face, not how I would have approached a person to wake him, but that's different. The cop was protecting himself, hand on gun and trying to get the young man to answer his questions. To me the officer seemed a tad confrontational, they got the kid out and patted him down and then started looking through his truck, picking stuff up, moving stuff. then I saw why the officer was on alert. He pulled a knife out of the other seat area. The kid injured, one arm in a sling, he didn't seem to be alert and awake while being questioned. It seemd to turn out OK.

Funny how you can see 2 sides of things as the event continues.

Again glad Berkeley Striper Club is back in our normal meeting room.

Excellent Turnout and I also enjoyed Shell E's presentation. He mixed it up with a lot of great information and Fun Times that he has with his friends fishing and capturing those moments :th:

Steve..

I was one of the 8 new members last night.  Really enjoyed the 1st mttg.  Looking forward to participating in club activities, meeting new folks and sharing things I've learned along the way and learning from others as well. 

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishless View Post

I was one of the 8 new members last night.  Really enjoyed the 1st mttg.  Looking forward to participating in club activities, meeting new folks and sharing things I've learned along the way and learning from others as well. 

Fishless welcome to the club. It's a great bunch of people I have made many good friends through the club. You need to be involved to get the most out it. I'm the tallest guy in the club you can't miss me introduce yourself next meeting. It was good to be back home in SEASIDE for the meeting. If we keep having turn outs like that we'll need to find a new home. Thanks Shelly great job.

Mark 

I was one of the 8 new members last night.  Really enjoyed the 1st mttg. 

Welcome Bob,, very nice to meet you..

" 8 new members "

Wow ! Love it - as we are getting a bunch of great new fishermen to join lately.. But Its taking away from my fishing with all the EXCEL & Spreadsheet updates ( New School Paperwork)

:-)

Steve

Welcome Bob,, very nice to meet you..

" 8 new members "

Wow ! Love it - as we are getting a bunch of great new fishermen to join lately.. But Its taking away from my fishing with all the EXCEL & Spreadsheet updates ( New School Paperwork)

:-)

Steve

OK, next meeting a standing O for Steve. :theman:

We all benefit from and appreciate your efforts.

OK, next meeting a standing O for Steve. :theman:

We all benefit from and appreciate your efforts.

Thanks Buddy,, I would not do it - if I didn't enjoy it.. Great Group of Members and Officers and Some Really Special Things that the Club does as a whole...

And Believe Me I Get My Fishing In.. In fact I see some guys did well after the meeting the other night -- Congrats Guys...

Steve