Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wolfie2nd

Conservation..catch and release.....

Rate this topic

43 posts in this topic

I was out bass fishing last week in SOC and there were some fish being caught. and watching these guys laying their shorty bass up on the bank for pictures or dumping them from the top of a bridge... I think we need to have some sort of catch and release seminar to educate people.

How effing hard is it to walk 20 feet off the bridge and give the fish a proper release?????

Some guys have no respect for the gift of having these awesome fish here in nj..

I can tell ya that I've been on a rock pile after a blitz and have seen fish left in the rocks for the rats. I'm talking good fish 25+ lb I mean *** no respect no morals and too worried about their egos.

Sorry for the bitch fest.

1. I've seen that plenty of times and got into heated discussions with the ignorant bastards of how to release the fish. Especially the ones that kick the fish back to the water. :mad:

2. As for the fish who are left behind on the rock piles, well you know who's leaving those behind..............they need a trophy fish. :dismay:

Yeah I'm sure its club guys... I just think we should be protecting our fisheries a lot better so that my kids can experince these awesome fish like I did..

what makes you so sure it's club guys?

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMB View Post

Carry the proper phone numbers with you and make the call when this happens.

i got my local fish and game ladys number, you seem to always be well informed, got some better numbers for the rest of your sheep?

If you don't know how some of the members here feel about conservation check out the last few pages of the wicked tuna thread. Now that I have posted here you will see how they feel. I suggest you check it out and at the very least you'll see how to block them or better yet me.Good luck

i got my local fish and game ladys number, you seem to always be well informed, got some better numbers for the rest of your sheep?

I have a bunch of numbers I put in my phone years ago..not sure what is current. Some of the other guys are up on who to call, maybe they could chime in.

You can bitch all you want, but if you dont say anything to the ones that are doing this what's the point in bitchin !! just saying be your own catch and release seminar to educate people that you see doing this. by the time you call a # on them there gone, put it in there minds make them think....

I'm not saying not to keep fish if that's what your getting at with your photo.. Ok here's a for instance.. I know of guys who will take their boat out with his whole family including younger kids and have to limit out every time they go out or at least try.. Is there really a need to take 15-20 bass a week?? Or even 10??? It should be 1 fish @ 34" but this is just my opinion. Some of these guys can't be starving fishing with a 800.00 $ rig. But hey if you need it take it but why take advantage. We have all been there. When I started out on my own I lived off fish..

What really get me is improper handling and release.

i dont even want a fish thats 34".  honestly i dont even fish later in the spring anymore.  1 fish 24+ or 24-36".    im good w a 28"er all day.  your choice to take a dinner fish or a slob.  done deal.  

You can bitch all you want, but if you dont say anything to the ones that are doing this what's the point in bitchin !! just saying be your own catch and release seminar to educate people that you see doing this. by the time you call a # on them there gone, put it in there minds make them think....

I use to think this way also but no more. To be honest, if these people are doing these kind of things than they are the one most likely to take a sucker punch at you when confronted. It's not worth it and who are they more apt to listen to..you or the person who will confiscate their gear and fine them.